After Burner, Riva Error System Can't Be Hooked.

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Rosenkjaer, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980 Ti
    Hi, I'm getting the "Some system components can't be hooked right now. It is strongly recommended to restart application." error. It randomly began one day, didn't install any new programs or anything just pop up out of nowhere, didn't think much of until I realized my OSD was gone. The only two "fixes" I have been able to find is uninstall AB and Riva with settings, reboot, reinstall and full system re-installment. I tried the first one with no success for obvious reasons have I not jumped to the second one.

It's not just in one specific game or application, neither GTA V, Fallout 4 nor Unigine Heaven.

I'm running the latest Afterburner 4.2 and latest Riva Tuner 6.4.1 with the latest Nvidia Driver, 364.51.

I'm also getting the "can't connect to the update server error", but only with Riva, not with AB. I'm posting here cause I saw some dude posting in the Riva threads with similar problem, but he was redirected to the AB threads.

Specs:
    Windows 10 64-bit
    i7 6700k
    980 ti
    32gb 3000mhz RAM
    Samsung Evo 250gb x2
    2TB WD Green
    Dell Ultra Sharp 1440p 25"

2. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    Also I have checked that none of the .exe or folders are blocked by my anti-virus, even made special rules not to check Riva tuners folder, tried running it as administrator in win 8 compatibility mode (even tried windows 7). Nothing changed.

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
  4. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    I tried what it said in the first link, but I don't have any false 3D applications, I reduced the list of 3D application to my antivirus.

I'm not sure what to do about the second, I have given the Riva folder exclusion status, made "allow" rules for every .exe file in the firewall, given all the .exe trusted application status. I even tried to deactivate as much as the AV as I could, still no result. I'm using Bitdefender 2016 Total Security by the way. I don't seem to able to find this "Sandbox" which the second link speak of, the only thing I have been able to find that seems similar is the AV Quarantine, but it's empty. I'm trying to contact Bitdefenders customer service.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Does this happen everyday? I get this same error maybe once a month but everything is fine if I close AB and re-open it.

6. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    It begun just a few days ago and have been constant ever since, currently chatting with customer support for Bitdefender trying to figure something out.

7. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    I have now chatted a half an hour with customer support, tried all different solutions yet not result, they are near 100% certain it isn't a anti-virus problem and since it shows no "false 3D applications" I guess it might be a driver issue. As the trouble began recently, Nvidia pumped out 4 new drivers updates around the same time as the error began, combined with two Windows updates in the same time period. :-/

8. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    I have even tried to downgrade to the last GPU driver (361.91) where I know it worked... Didn't help.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Uninstall your AV and see if it fixes it.

10. Rosenkjaer

Rosenkjaer Guest

GPU:
    I just tried that, at first Afterburner just froze for some 10-15 sec, then the error pop up again, so no result there.

11. danszczerba

danszczerba Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 8g RX580
    @Rosenkjaer-did you solve the problem? i too have been getting that error message every time i boot up...i just X it out and thats it. osd works in all games, everything appears to be running fine. BUT, every time i boot up i get this error. any help getting rid of this?