Chastity. Questions for you since I can't PM yet.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by korennya, Feb 20, 2017.

1. korennya

korennya Member

GPU:
    sapphire 390 8gb w/bp
    Questions for you since I can't PM yet.

Was hoping for some info from you (insert name here)since we both have the same video cards and you've had pretty good success it seems getting yours stable and OC'd.

I'm curious what your (insert name here) default core voltage is to start. I noticed in hwinfo that my core only goes up to 1.10v when it's at 100% load and at 1040 mhz (all stock settings), but if i look at the voltage that wattman has indicated for 1040 it says 1.265v. I never see that when the card is stress tested or gamed.

2nd: Do you know of a way to adjust aux and memory voltages? Can't seem to find away to adjust anything but the core voltage. Though interestingly when my core is stable at 300 mhz on the desktop and memory is bouncing up and down between 1500 and 150 i noticed the core voltage goes up and down with it. Maybe me voltage is tied to core voltage?

3rd? Do you have any idea what your (insert name here)VRM temps are with stock fan settings?

I was using Kombuster to test it at stock settings. GPU level off around 83C by my god.. VRM1 hit 118 while VRM2 was 85C!!! I bumped fan up to 100% tornado and VRM1 dropped down to 93C but still seems quite high. Seems surprisingly high for actively cooled VRM's. They don't get that high when I game. I use frame rate limiting to 60FPS and usually my core isn't over 60C

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Chastity you need to answer this!

:d

3. korennya

korennya Member

GPU:
    sapphire 390 8gb w/bp
    Fixed it

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Default core voltage on stock is +19 for 1102mV. On load, @ stock speeds, voltage jumps to a max of 1.219mV.

The memory draw will adjust according to clock speed, so I am not surprised it changes between full and idle speeds. This is automatic based on firmware settings. I see you can adjust memory voltage via AB, but I never had a need to, as I am stable on defaults all the way to 1750.

In game, VRM1 (GPU) is maxed 58C VRM2 (Memory) is 65C. I would need to know what Kombuster test and settings you used to test here.

Fixed? Fixed what? :)

5. korennya

korennya Member

GPU:
    sapphire 390 8gb w/bp
    Thanks for the reply. AB shows the same voltage setting for me that you indicated, but after 2 hours of watchdogs last night the recorded data showed the voltage never rose over 1.130 even though gpu core speed was at maximum. Could this be because gpu load wasn't at 100%? I'm used to CPU voltages where they responded directly to frequency changes independent of load. If freq goes up, voltage goes up even at 0 load. Is gpu different? Or is something amiss?

In AB I found six voltage but men voltage is greyed out.

Kombuster test was furmark donut? I'll have to check that one when I can. It's the top most one in the list. Makes a weird looking infinite loop structure covered in red hair.