Computex 2016

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by sverek, May 31, 2016.

1. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I had to laugh at Raja when he basically showed that benchmark result with the 2x cards versus the 1080. They cannot get CF to work correctly since god knows when and then they try that crap again. 'Buy two cards, more performance at a fraction of the cost'

There's nothing worse than a crap salesman, other than AMD Salesmen... thats about a low as it gets.

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Robert Hallock explained it in his reddit thread.

They wanted to show something, and they dont like to show single card stats because it robs the press sites of viewers when they post their reviews.

So they did crossfire.

It was either that or nothing basically.

3. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Yeah i kind of understand that, but i still laughed anyway.

I've been an AMD customer since god knows when, a stupid amount of time and, probably just like other companies, with AMD there is always a catch to their products.

Everyone looked nervous as hell at Computex, you can even hear their voices waiver. The crowd looked mute and dull and their partners sounded like they didn't actually have much to promote with their new products, those products (laptops) were just completely uninspiring and they knew that as well.

Perhaps they are on the cusp of delivering something good, at least a good combination of products with Polaris and Zen, but really i don't think they have any room left for errors. Both of these product lines need to have immaculate launches, with higher than expected results across all areas or i can see AMD fading into the shadows before the year is out.

At least from my side, an AMD enthusiast, the information they presented at computex was very dumbed down and completely basic. They are riding the efficiency boat over the edge of the fall, and from my recent experience with their R9 Nano that i had to send back, i was impressed for about 5 minutes until i say how the 'efficiency' was actually causing me more issues than providing me with a great customer experience.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i agree.

Bear in mind they said "Polaris Update"

It wasnt a launch.

Could be worse, could have just been a mockup with woodscrews.

lol

My guess is we will see more at E3 PCgamer show.

5. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Yeah true....

Well after seeing the Video from Linus where Raja presents him with the RX480 in person, what happened there was just awesomely funny LOL. Might as well have been made of woodscrews at that point :p

Dig out the video if you havent seen it.

Looking forward to E3!!!

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I actually found those laptops very interesting. And Bristol Ridge in general. Their CPU people have managed to do miracles out of 28nm+Excavator.