Graphic Equalizer Software?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by kens30, Jan 29, 2014.

1. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Any body here know of any kind of standalone Graphic Equalizer software
    that can process all sounds in real time on my laptops line/headphone output on Windows 7 x64?
    Basically i want it to take over and bypass the onboard audio's equalizer.
    I would prefer freeware or something relatively cheap.
    (forgot to mention that i am not looking for music playback software with an equalizer, just a stand alone app.)
    Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It can be impossible in case playback software uses ASIO/WASAPI/KS. May be it is easier to buy real equalizer and feed it from onboard audio output?

And may be you should ask in soundcard forum.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Well there is the asio4all driver which works flawlessly on my desktop onboard sound.
    BTW you are right about asking in the soundcard forum.
    One more thing i know that there a lot of VST plugins which work as standalone app.
    I think i might dig up Cubase and all my plugins to search for one,as i used to
    create dance music using hardware and software synths.

Thanks for your reply...:):)

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I am not professional in sound. But as I understand Windows, playback software which utilizes ASIO do pass audio directly to soundcard driver bypassing all OS components (like mixer). If plugin does register in OS as an audio device then you can select it in ASIO settings as the target. I do not see other way for a plugin to put itself between player and soundcard driver.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Even as you said that you are not a professional in sound you got it almost right except that it's not the plugin that registers in OS as an audio device,
    it's the ASIO drivers that do.
    It's been a few years since i quit music creation and since there's literally thousands of VST plugins
    (which some also work as a standalone app and are free).
    I thought that someone might be aware of such a VST graphic equalizer plugin that also works as a standalone app.
    I just need to find one and just for you to understand better how this setup works,
    after you install the ASIO driver (which are required for low latency playback) then within the software you select your input and output devices.

Anyway thanks for trying to help i think i will just check out the soundcards section...:):)

6. stevieb

stevieb New Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD EAH5670 x2
    Hiya :D

Ive been huntin for a stand-alone equalizer , and couldnt believe that no.one has designed one , i would hav thought there would be so many out there to choose from , but shockingly nope !!

Some sound card companies provide them , so they are apparently do-able !? Unfortunately im stuck with VIA sound on-board , which dont provide them :( really cant afford to splash out a nice sound card atm :'(

Im hoping something can be found ere , i wait painfully lol :D

Be lucky :D