vga standard driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Guest, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i'am so dumb! how dumb are you Doug? I'm so dumb i can"t figure out how to switch to "STANDARD VGA DISPLAY DRIVER" so i can install my new voodoo4 pci. please help

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

control panel, display, adapter,change,select standard vga,let windows pick driver from its Library,finish, restart. then follow new install instructions for your voodoo 4

3. Doug

Doug Guest

Thanks for your help Jeff. Still having trouble,can get to change adaptor but then a wizard tack over and wont let me select vga, it starts looking for a updatded driver for my existing card. Any way to turn off wizard? or other ideas. Thanks again

4. Jeff

Jeff Guest

after selecting standard vga,windows will ask you if you want it to select the best driver. You must pick "specify" or "select from list of drivers" or "hardware" ,that way you can choose instead of the wizard choosing.

5. Doug

Doug Guest

Thanks again Jeff! I'M so DUMB I have to review . Here is where I am at. Windows 98 <BR>Control Panel/ display / settings / advanced / adaptor / change / then the wizard takes over ie. no mention of VGA. any help is apreciated! I.m about ready to do my gaming with a stick in the sand!

6. If it's really such a huge issue then please reinstall windows clean and freshly in a new directory. AFter installation just delete the old windows directory.<P>Before you do so, make sure you have the latest drivers installed and have installed DirectX8<P>------------------<BR>Hilbert Hagedoorn - Chief Editor<BR>- "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."