Download MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 Beta 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We've just released MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 Beta 4. This new update once again is intended for full Pascal tweaking controls and improvements. Compared to version Beta 3 a new feature was added, you can now fix the Boost MHz and Voltage values by selecting a V/F point in the Curve (CTRL+F) window and then press L.

Download MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 Beta 4

2. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Thx HH and Unwinder !! downloading now.Must admit i'm hooked playing witcher 3 and the card doesn't break a sweat.:nerd:

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Installed fine, Still on Maxwell but if there any issues will report in AB forum.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'll repeat once again that we release 4.3.0 betas for Pascal card owners only. No need to install it on other cards then send any reports if it is not related to new Pascal functionality.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, I thought that was only beta3, beta4 "seems" to be working ok on Maxwell.

But no problem, I'll wait for release build.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Probably confusing because of that in OP

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I install it on my 380 just for see the temps/clocks and stuff like that.

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The article says:

"This new update will bring back Maxwell tweaking"

So Maxwell tweaking was missing previously? This beta sounds like it's a must-have for Maxwell owners.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It means what it means, in the past beta voltage control etc for maxwell was disabled for certain products. This build it's enabled again. Other then that there's nothing new for Kepler/Maxwell as everything that is to be supported is supported for these cards already in the older 4.2.0 final build.

However, as strictly noted on the download pages, the last two Betas are all about Pascal support. We recommend the 4.2.0 Final build for all previous cards as we really like you to use final builds and not betas.

The description in the news however is somewhat confusing, my apologies for that. I will clear that up.

10. Unwinder

In addition what HH said, I'll add the same notes that I posted in beta 3 thread: this is develiment build, we DON'T test it on anything but Pascal cards. The target user base for this version are Pascal users only. Do not upgrade to it with any other cards.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Also in the changelog you mention Some AMD tonga unnoficial OC.
    :)

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    And that's why it is classed beta ... :) Give it a try, if it doesn't work, go back to the final.

13. easperhe

easperhe Member

GPU:
    nVidia / GeForce 8200
    Hilbert,

The overall flexibility provided by the 4.3.0 beta 4 VF curve editor is great! One feature that would be nice is to be able to import a text file with VF curve points. I wanted to keep a constant voltage across freq points (as an experiment). It's a bit tedious to tweak all the VF points individually. Any chance you could add that?

14. Unwinder

Frequency offset is the only thing that NVIDIA is allowing you to alter when you are editing the curve. So you cannot keep a constant voltage across all curve points.

15. easperhe

easperhe Member

GPU:
    nVidia / GeForce 8200
    Ah- that makes sense. I see now the VFcurve= info in a saved profile. But, I'm not sure how to interpret the string of hex characters. I can do what I want if I knew the encoding of the VF points in the profile info.

Can you provide how to interpret the VFcurve hex string in a saved profile? Thanks!

16. Unwinder

Binary curve representation contains a header followed by the array or triple IEEE 754 values for each point containing frequency, frequency offset and voltage. Offset is the only programmable component of each point.

17. easperhe

easperhe Member

GPU:
    nVidia / GeForce 8200
    Thanks! I was able to parse the VFcurve data given your info.

18. VirtualMirage

VirtualMirage Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
    Has anyone run into any issues with beta 4 where your GTX 1080 ends up running well below stock clock speeds? A reboot seems to fix the issue.

I have had two instance so far ever since installing beta 4 where my GPU's clock speed would run well below stock clock speeds when gaming. I am running Nvidia driver version 368.25.

The first incident occurred shortly after installing beta 4 of Afterburner. I made no GPU changes, I only went into Settings to output some of the monitoring to the LCD on my Logitech G15 keyboard. I then hopped in GTA V to monitor temps and fan speed but the clock speed was going no higher than 1066 MHz for the CPU, memory was ramping up fine. Figuring maybe the software requires a reboot, I rebooted my Windows 10 box which afterwards everything was working fine. I even made a custom fan profile with no issues which worked like a charm.

The second incident happened last night. Everything seemed fine, all I did was go into settings to make some tweaks to the custom fan profile I made. The GPU, otherwise, was still in stock condition. This time the GPU would on ramp up to about 895 MHz and go no further. It was obvious in the game that the GPU was running slower. I rebooted the machine and the problem went away. I then decided to fiddle with the overclock settings and everything responded fine.

I have reviewed my event logs but I see no errors. I don't get any BSODs and I haven't seen any driver crashes. So it makes me think that the odd under clocks are related to Afterburner.

On another bug/glitch note, when I went into settings to enable voltage offset, Afterburner prompted it had to restart the application for the change to take affect. When the application came back up the video card was back to its stock fan profile. Going into settings, I see that custom fan profiles was disabled. It was enabled prior to the application requesting a restart.

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    How did you come to the conclusion AB could be responsible here ? I mean how do you know this doesn't happen without AB installed ? FYI I tested AB on three Pascal cards and none have shown this behavior.

AB doesn't underclock, your GPU is totally in control of that.

The only reason for a GPU to drop like that is very low GPU utilization / or it kick into a hardware SAFE mode, typically in combo with a driver crash and instability.

20. Unwinder

I don't think so.