Where do you intall a temp probe?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by abula, Aug 10, 2003.

1. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    HI,

I just bought an IC7/P4 3.0/ Zalman 7000Cu.

I wanted to know where do I intall an temperature probe, I think it will be just a cable with a sensor in the end. I read somewhere that this sensors didnt stand to much presure, so I dont know if I should intall it between the CPU and the zalman? is there a right place where you have to intall this probes?

Thanks,
    Abula

2. 13mur 6

13mur 6 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Golden Sample Geforce4 Ti4600
    you stick it so that it touches the side CPU core and sits between the processor and the heatsink. If you use a shim, cut a groove into it. The temp probes should be flat, like paper thin, don't get the bulb type cuz they're useless for processor monitoring.

-Lemur 6

3. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    13mur 6,

Thanks for the info

Now should I do it when I'm intalling the Cooler to the CPU?, I'm going to use some AS Ceramique, should I just place it on top of it, and then install the Zalman 7000Cu?

Thanks,
    Abula

4. fallenx

fallenx Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy 8800GT
    no, never put the probe right on top of the die. Either do against the side of the die, or underneath the die.

Examples here
    beside - [​IMG]
    under - [​IMG]

5. Psychosematic

Psychosematic Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX 570 @ 800/1600/2000
    Just a note, if you do it under the core as pictured above, you'll have to cut a slice in the CPU socket to accept the wire

6. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    fallenx,
    Thanks for the info, i was going to do exactly what you told me not to do. The pictures are very good, and I think I know what do I have to do.

By the way, what is that orange tape, is it something special (no conductive, tempurate aislaiting?

Psychosematic,
    Thanks for the explanation, I think I will go for the upper section, it seems easier and safer.

Thanks guys for the advice,
    Abula

7. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    ya I wana knoe that too.. im gettn the enermax fan controller with 2 sensors... im curious on how to make them stay in spot..

thx Thunda