GeForce GTX Titan 3-way SLI and Multi monitor review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the GeForce GTX Titan in 2 and 3-way SLI and SurroundView. The boards used are reference from NVIDIA. We'll also hook it up-to three monitors and check out Surround view gaming performance....

GeForce GTX Titan 3-way SLI and Multi monitor review

2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Awesome.

The scaling is tremendous. I'm impressed.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Dual SLI much more impressive than tri. Ok, here it comes... but can it play Crysis 3 at 7560x1600 @ 16AA? :D

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Would been nice to see how the 690 in SLI compares, scaling, performance etc.

5. kache

kache Guest

GPU:
    2x r9 290 crossfire
    Guys, please check the article again for typos. I counted 6+, and those were only the ones I've noticed...

6. wenimin

wenimin Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X
    Pppfffiiooouuuuu!!!there is some crasy numbers there!
    I didn't know Hitman Absolution was so voracious..anyways.
    I want this card,hum..one

7. Majesticii

Majesticii Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX670
    During the multi-display benchmarks, it's been stated that the cards seemed to be bottlenecked by the i7 @ 4.6ghz. Isn't this rather bandwidth limitations? Seeing the titan had the bandwidth upped from 256bit (compared to the 690, i know it says 512bit, but it's 2x256 effectivly) to 384bit. And thus having only a few more frames at these extreme settings. It displays itself on MSI afterburner als CPU bottleneck because the GPU load drops, but i dont think the CPU is the cause for this.

Just a theory ofc.

8. trajan2448

trajan2448 Member

GPU:
    ATI 4850
    Titan is the best

I hope you guys start digging into frame latencies as that has been a hot topic lately.
    Here's another article where Crossfire and the 7970 are shown to be almost 4x slower in frame delivery, resulting in stuttering. http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...166-nvidia-gtx-titan-vs-sli-crossfire-15.html

There is also an article that shows the fps number of Crossfire may be inflated by so called runt frames, slivers of pixels not viewable but counted as fully rendered. http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphi...ance-Review-and-Frame-Rating-Update/Frame-Rat
    Thus the Titan may actually be the best solution available , period.

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I want to be this rich. GTX Titan 3-way SLI kind of rich. It´s amazing but the thing is, few years into the future we´re going to see this and laugh and mock it. And...that is a little sad for our wallets. ;( Still impressive stuff!

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I believe the issue of runt frames can be verified by overclocking or reducing settings (if need be) until your framerate is 60FPS or above (recommended to hover a bit higher than 60). Then, apply VSync, and check output. If there are no dropped frames and all frames are being displayed (can be checked by eye, since any frame(s) out of the ordinary can be noticed mostly), then the cards are able to render those frames since the beginning, and the FPS inflation would be untrue, or at least, an exception rather than the rule.

I say this because I get microstutter with VSync off on Heaven 3.0, along with maybe some / all of the problems mentioned, and my FPS hovers slightly above 60FPS. Enable VSync, and the output is buttery-smooth. The 60FPS are all being fully rendered, and there are no anomalies apart from the slight dip in FPS that happens as you pan around Heaven (happens with single card as well, probably on other cards and drivers as well, probably Unigine Heaven's fault).