Unreal Engine Sizzle Reel 2016 GDC Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    It's such a good engine, so many nice looking games. One of my favorite games ran on Unreal Engine, Mass Effect series. Though I cant wait to see Mass Effect Andromeda on Frostbite 3.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    The future is now.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Some interesting stuff in there.. this and cryengine5, looks like i wont have any trouble with my gpu in next 2 yrs. These engines already run great now. Add frostbyte, id6 and its good to go.

Io glacier2 is a disaster though, they need a complete rework from ground up. Unity & snowdrop can be ok but its still not it optimization wise.

5. SeRiToNiN

SeRiToNiN Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
    More like the future is dangled above us like a carrot. No release dates to most of these and the ones with dates consistently get delayed.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Lol so true. I bet I could run these games at 1080p50-60 at console or greater settings even with my setup.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I know how you feel and it's true (still no official date for Unreal Engine 4.11) but I don't blame them; features before bugs.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    They need to start upping their game if they want to keep their current position...

Unity is catching all the time. ^^ That's almost movie quality stuff (runs real time 1440p on a GTX980).

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

It is movie stuff... literally :p
    But somehow I doubt they are up there with the big boys quite yet - Crytek, Unreal... Snowdrop.

Yes, Ubi - from what we've seen so far, Division is easily perf*IQ winner

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Not yet but they are truly trying to get there which is commendable and good for the gaming industry.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The tune from the first half of the video, the drums remind me of another song and I can't remember what it is, gonna bug me now

It's the DUM-DUM ......tune..... DUM DUM, DUM-DUM

lol, any ideas?

12. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    Man, they have been showing, showcasing Unreal 4 tech demos & "game footage" for years & still nothing. Even IF they release some decent games probably will be for consoles & not even utilizing the engines full potential, unless they are just focusing on that platform... The proverbial carrot string.

13. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Been saying it for over a year...where are the Unreal Engine 4 games? UE3 was all over the place this far into last gen's cycle. Seems like more and more developers choose in-house solutions. I can't say cryengine has adopted like I thought it would either.

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    There are 177 games announced for UE4. That seems pretty good.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    pfft...is that the best you can do Unreal

:p

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's fantastic...now, almost 3 years into the current console cycle...where are they? That's my point. Great, 177 games are announced. Anyone can announce a game, here, I announce I'm making a game for UE4, now that's 178.

Problem is none of them are coming into fruition. Show me games, not announcements. We've been hearing this stuff since 2013 and what is there to show for it? A horrendous free to play version of a beta Unreal Tournament and rocket league. Whoopee!

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yawn

Fine. Here ya go. UE 4.0 was officially released in March of 2014. So it's been two years from initial release.

There are 46 released titles and an additional 44 being released by the end of this year.

UE3 was initially released in March 2004, that was the first date companies were able to license the engine. Two years from initial release there were 0 released titles. That's right, 0. Roboblitz, Gears of War and R6: Vegas were the first games on UE3 and they were all released in November of 2006.

Also Rocket League uses UE3 not 4. The video is for UE in general, not just 4.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Here's the list of Unreal Engine 4 games.

19. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Why don't I see Borderlands in there? Too modified?