Kernel_Power ID 41/Critical 43 Question.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by A M D BugBear, Jul 15, 2017.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok been going alot of this lately, Usually during startup into windows, I get a code saying AO on my mobo(IDE Initializing), and just very recently, I changed basically all my sata cables,etc to whatever I can find, I am getting brand new ones soon, just to make sure its not some bad cables.

Question to everyone, If it is indeed a bad cable lets say and during boot up into windows, hanged and I get this code, can It pertain to my other backup drivers other then the one that's for the os?? Or is the A0 error ONLY for the main drive loading into os?? In otherwords, can A0 relate to other drivers while booting into windows???

While Loading into windows, I don't even see the # 8 rotating around(Now Loading) as it should, the moment when its trying to load into windows, Code A0.

I do recall only one time that the system did a restart on its own and I got the same thing in the event viewer but I didn't check the bugcheckcode,etc so don't ask about that one, sorry.

The code A0 shows during windows startup and startup will hang then will do a complete system restart and in the end, I got this:

I checked under event viewer and I got this:

EventData
    BugcheckCode 160 BugcheckParameter1 0xc BugcheckParameter2 0xffffffffc0000001 BugcheckParameter3 0xffffd802cd125d10 BugcheckParameter4 0x0 SleepInProgress 6 PowerButtonTimestamp 0 BootAppStatus 3221225473 Checkpoint 0 ConnectedStandbyInProgress false SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0 CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0 BugcheckInfoFromEFI true

Any help would be great, other then that, system is working fine, just recently took out that one bad stick of memory, Thought I had two, apparently its just one.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This is usually gpu (driver) related error, I saw you flashed it quite a few times, maybe its voltage/clocks are not optimal at startup.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    So Revert back to stock vga bios and see how it will go?

I never really have to look for the dmp file, lol

Never really checked it until now, you guys need it?

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Depends how much you changed, could be either memory or gpu 3d base/boost frequency issue.

Yeah worth a try with stock bios, I saw this error (not bsod) in new Tomb Raider, it would crash by unstable gpu OC

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Memory?? Memory as in gpu memory right?

I'll completely uninstall gpu drivers with ddu,etc, flash stock bios, and lets see if the codes still comes up, the code doesn't come up all the time, every now and then, mostly right during startup(Before the actual loading symbol thingy shows up)

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, I totally cleaned out gpu drivers, flashed back to factory bios that I personally backed up(2 gpu's), and guess what? Still says A0.

Now, from what I understand, A0 only shows up when the system has been completely shut down then restarted into windows, if your already in windows and just do a normal restart, for some reason it don't do it as much, only from complete shut down, strange.

Other then my main os drive's, can my other drives(Back up) if bad cables are present, show A0??? Or is the A0 for main drive(Main os)? Cause I have several backup drives.

I am going to try the drives that's in my dad's system, really I have the Samsung 750's(2 in raid), the others I given to dad and my niece, performance wise, not to much of a difference.

But those are the 840's and dad's system from what I understand, no problem(win 8 x64).

I'll try his drives that I given him in the past, since I have to update everything in his system sooner or later anyways and during this time, I'll unplug all my other drives except for the 2 Samsung 840's, will give status update later, who knows, it could be my main drive 750's, depending which or both are bad.

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Now while in windows, I get code 40 not AA like it should and fars I know, nothing is acting up.

Update:

LOL, nm, has to do from waking up from sleep/hibernation, all normal.

9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, I am holding up on the 2 840's, and went ahead and did a clean install on one of my older ssd drive, mainly for testing new os builds, ocz ssd.

As of now only the dvd drive and the ocz ssd is connected, did about several shuts downs and several restarts, all been alright so far, some code 40 but that's nothing.

Oh, another heads up, it could be the rs2 update that they releases sometime ago, not the first big rs2 update, the other 2, I think one is a service stack update and another big one, Could be one of those 2 or 3 is acting on it, only way to find out for sure now is do it with no update installed and doing that now.

I'll give full update tomorrow, if anything happens in the meantime, will give heads up.

UPDATE:

During complete shut down the restart pc, I had several instance, where it went to A0(Didn't get stuck), then quickly went to 40, black screen for a bit then into windows, I do know that my yamakasi screen does act up now and then, at times I have to turn off the lcd, take out the power cable, take out the dvi cable, plug back in the adapter plug, plug the dvi cable back into the video card and turn back on the lcd, an issue I had for a long time on this screen, great screen otherwise.

I also checked the even viewer for any critical errors reported and there was none.

Another update:

I disabled the hibernation and its settings within the mobo's bios, which I have should have done long time ago and apparently from what it seems, the code 40 is gone and the black screen before windows(didn't last long) has disappeared for the time being, so far, very good and hopefully it will keep it that way, next step in a bit is to install those 3 updates for this build, and I'll give heads up later, going to lay down, but as of now, absolutely no issues, checked event viewer again, no critical errors to report, :).

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Ok, the one we been waiting for, Whats the conclusion???

You all guess it, all went perfect.

Since the ocz went extremely well, I decided to do the same with my samsung 750's in raid but not connecting the others except dvd player, did fresh install of win 10 x64 rs2 rtm build, did many restarts, did many shut downs, all came up excellent, A0 not being stuck nor the 40 code,etc.

Then I plugged all the other hdd's, All drives with Brand new sata III cables, all good.

Installed everything, including the rs2 updates, all came up great.

I also notice, for some odd reason, my cpu is running cooler, I notice it was running more hotter before for reason unknown, something changed within the cpu dept, the temps are quite lower, eariler, I knew something was going on within the cpu's, why running more hotter then usual, could be degraded overtime, but come to think of it now, even in an ac room, was running before at least 40-44c+, now its like hitting 36c tops, this is while doing stuff within windows, browsing,etc not games, tops is like 62c+ if using Prime 95 with AVX2, this was running prime when it was running hotter, so could run cooler now.

Well, there you have it, I knew it wasn't the memory, I restarted many many times and did shut downs ALOT, then rebooted into windows to see if I got any critical errors within the event viewer, both the ocz ssd and the raid 750's, nope, all came up 0.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017