Gigabyte Radeon RX470 G1 gaming 4G Video Card Proablem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by NIK1, Jul 4, 2017.

1. NIK1

NIK1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI 7970
    Gigabyte Radeon RX470 G1 gaming 4G Video Card Problem

I was working on my nephews pc today,clean her up inside,blow out the dust,and install some noctua fans on a coolermaster H110.After everything was ready to roll and booted into windows I noticed the RX470 fans were running full speed and would not idle down.The card temp was 30 cel and fans at full speed,weird..I then turned the pc off and had supper,went back to check things out again and when I turned the pc on and booted into windows now the 2 fans are not working at all,cannot even get them to rev with afterburner and it still works but is starting to get hot,80 cel when my nephew was playing a game.I then took out the video card out to fix if I can and plugged in and enabled the on-board video from the motherboard for now.If anyone has any ides on what might of happened to first make the fans rev full speed with no control at only 30 cel,I shut the pc down for half hr,turn her back on and the video card is working in windows but now with no fans at all and heating up to 80 cel.Any and all ideas,suggestions appreciated....

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Polaris driver and afterburner doesn't always play nice...you may need to uninstall, use ddu and reinstall latest driver...i try to use AB for OSD only since wattman does ok in most cases.