Skyrim VR

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Scorch666, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I don't really care much about VR personally, although I may change my mind if the tech improves enough over the coming years. I'm speaking of software implementation here, not just the hardware available, so I'll be interested in how things work with Skyrim if nothing else. That and the price would have to drop substantially before I'd consider it, as it'd be an addition to my setup rather than a replacement for my monitors/tv.

It also feels like Bethesda are milking things a bit much at this point tbh.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Left Sooks likes this.
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I recently bought a DK2 headset for £100, very good condition, and i have to say i was somewhat skeptical at the who VR thing, but once i had fired it up i was really impressd by the immersion, really was amazing, one little game i bought some time ago on steam called Luna Flight tuned into this amazing VR expereince, just amazing.....BUT........as much i am enjoying it for the price i paid, i personally would never cough up the cash they want at present as bang for buck wise at the moment it is simply too expensive, drop it down to £299 with the controllers and i can see me taking it up, but in the £500 to £800 range for the retail version.....not a chance, but this DK2 might last me until that price comes around so i am fine with that, but yeah, if you are looking to get into VR on the cheap grab one of these DK2 unit, or even the DK1 which is cheaper, and even though they are not supported they still work perfectly well with the oculus store and steam VR.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Played last night. wish there is refund on PS. Such rubbish control scheme. My mistake about didn’t search for what kind of controls it uses.

Well it uses two move sticks. that is logical yes shield and sword combo requires it but movement is RUBBISH. Teleporting is always rubbish. I have MOVE left stick version too u know I try to mean I hope. it can control movement but left hand shield ? no way to use motion seonszot with that controller.

Besides it is pain to move around menus , item selection menus etc. enemies are still fast , combat is fine.

and I am sure they will fix weapons handling because it feels like you r holding weapons very down end point which feels RUBBISH.

I wonder Fallout 4 will be same? yes probably . Game would be running best with oculus touch controllers .

Left Sooks likes this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Seeing is believing with VR, I've had many people walk in here skeptical and walk out floored.

It is definitely in it's infancy but the possibilities really are the stuff of dreams.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Not long after i bought that DK2 the Oculus summer sale appeared and i grabbed a Rift package with two sensors, two touch and 7 free games for £399, and i sold my DK2 for £170 on ebay, making £130 back towards the Rifts £399, meaning i got all that for £270, which was a complete bargain, and i am now a total 100% believer that VR is here to stay, and i predict it will take off big time not only in gaming, but education and medicine, which i think are going to be taking up VR big, i mean even a dumb ass like me could undertand and even start to comprehend how universally vast our own bodies are after i sat in a VR program that took you inside a blood vessel, to see it all from that perspective really does make for a phenominal tool for education and medicine. ;)

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Wish I didn't sell my PSVR, would of loved to have tried this, I was getting terrible motion sickness with it though unfortunately :(

8. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Teleportation is stupid for a game designed for full locomotion.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Yeap, and even funnier is that Bethesda have not supported the Oculus Rift in just released Doom 2016 VR, but modders have now fixed the game to not only run on the Rift, but to also have full locomotion, while on the Vive which Bethesda brought the game out for, only teleporting.

I mean you could not make this stuff up, a game with now more features that runs better on hardware that it does not support, because of modders because, Bethesda, right. lol

10. Robs20106S

Robs20106S Guest

GPU:
    MSI gaming 1080ti
    It has full locomotion..........

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Let's not pretend that Oculus (or Sony for that matter) doesn't do the exclusives thing just as much as Vive does.

It isn't helping the uptake of VR in any way and I wish they would all cut it out.

12. Robs20106S

Robs20106S Guest

GPU:
    MSI gaming 1080ti
    Can't care about what you never tried.

13. Robs20106S

Robs20106S Guest

GPU:
    MSI gaming 1080ti
    You are like literally the first person I have seen complain about the controls... everyone I come across loves it and is blown away... Just because you suck at it doesnt mean its bad...

14. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    To be honest I've heard nothing but bad things about this too.

Mr.Bigtime and Left Sooks like this.
  15. Robs20106S

Robs20106S Guest

GPU:
    MSI gaming 1080ti
    If you have then its coming from those who give up too quickly... there is a bit of a learning curve but once its down? hold on.... cause its an awesome ride.