5x Portrait surround on single GTX1070?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Erik765, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Erik765

Erik765 Guest

GPU:
    2, AMD 280X
    Hi there,

I've spent the last several hours trying to find a definitive answer once and for all on whether or not a single GTX-1070 will support my current 5x portrait surround setup that I'm currently pushing from 2, AMD 280X cards using an MST hub out of each card.

Nothing I've read has been conclusive. Lots of 'well maybe', but nothing conclusive. The specs on the card say max 4 monitors, but is this just a limitation from the native outputs on the card? Or will it handle more via an MST hub or daisy chaining since it does say the max supported resolution is 6480x3840 which is well within the resolution I plan on running at- 6000x1920 (with a little bezzle correction thrown in), (less than half the amount of pixels the card says it can push).

I have a standing offer to swap both of my AMD cards for this single 1070 which would be a pretty nice gain in performance, but I can't justify doing it if it's not going to support my monitor setup, and I certainly can't afford an additional 1070 right now.

Anyone have any experience with this who can give me an actual 'yes' or 'no' answer?

Thanks in advance.

E

2. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    I have no answer, but I guess you can try it out.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC