The Evil Within from Bethesda (Shinji Mikami)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deathfrag, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why? I dont want to remove the black bars. And its optional, you dont have to do this if you dont want to.

And you have a typo with enable ;)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    At least use r_forceaspectratio 2.4 (2,40:1) =P I think the game uses 2.5 normally. Which is a really odd aspect ratio.

3. luke76bg

luke76bg Active Member

GPU:
    7950 boost edition
    how to set a 90 fov for 1080p with drogean trainer ?

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    How did you disable the in game HUD!?

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    u can disable it in the ingame options under GAME i think..

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Can someone check console info, pres INS key to open it and look for "physical pages", should be almost all the way on top.

I did some tweaking in cfg, but idk if game reads it properly, I changed all pages to 8k or is game already 8k by default?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Im asking this becuase I didnt experience any popus yet, im using swapinterval -1, @ 0 driver vsync doesnt work.

7. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    i'm trying to get rid of the black bars completely. my in-game resolution is 2720x1700 16:10 aspect ratio (monitor downsampled).

i have R_forceaspectratio set to 0 and using the cheat engine FOV fix, but i still have black bars.

what do i need to do get rid of the black bars on 16:10 2720x1700 resolution?

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Erm, that 1st link (checked both - they both do it) downloaded a bunch of crap on my PC, it replaced my browser homepage, added a bunch of add-ons and added a load of folders containing lord knows what. Anything that installs and changes things like your homepage without permission can't be good.

Stick with the cheat table people, i have no idea what the things in these links do - but they aren't just related to the evil within.

Edit.
    Confirmed it all ad ad/malware, the list of crap this installed in adware cleaner was huge.

9. athanh8807

athanh8807 Guest

GPU:
    -xXx-
    How to disable Bloom & DOF ? :(

10. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    warning, the trainer linked in the above post is malware, do NOT download.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014

11. Secus

Secus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970
    The links that Drogean provided are exe files that do nothing. Possible malware.

12. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I don't think you can at the moment. The game forces you to use a 16:9 resolution. So even on a 21:9 display you'll have bars on either side.

But there is a fix on the way.

13. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    To the unfortunate people who downloaded that malware - download and run the below program..
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
    This isn't malware (i promise - i just ran it myself).

That did it for me, it doesn't requiring installing and it just runs a program and scans for all the crap malware, after it finds it all just click on all the mallware services and folders and hit clean and after a restart it should all be gone - it will popup a list of all that was removed (its a bloody lot).

14. Secus

Secus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970
    Sweet! I got this to work finally.

The problem I was having, is that I have a 10keyless keyboard, so I was trying to hit the + and - by the backspace. Had to change the hotkeys and the fov fix works!

Game is playable now!

15. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    That 1st link for me has no tic boxes at all, it simply goes to a page that states "FOV Fix for Evil Within. Courtesy of KPutt" with a single download button which downloads a malware installer - on that page for me there is no "DOWNLOAD THIS USING OUR SPECIAL DOWNLOAD TOOL" for me at all to tic or untic.

16. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Ahh so you click the tiny button under the main info section and not the button actually within the info section - fair enough then. I would advise then that you don't host your file on a site that blatantly tries to trick you into downloading malware (that 1st site very clearly does).

Ask yourself this, if you've never visited the site before which would you think contains the real file?.
    [​IMG]

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Get it on console, as from what ive gathered from reviews and other peps, its a fairly decent throw back the resident evils of old.

The reason i say console is because id like you to join me on not supporting these crappy ports anymore.

This thing is in a worse state than any other port next to ff13. Stuttery 30fps, letterboxing, poor performance for the visual aspect in comaprison to the performance before and after fps lock.

The 30fps is nowhere near smooth in any sense of the word. Not even motionblur (can sometimes do) reduces stuttering like in most games when you enable it.

Tops to all those who have worked hard to fix this broken peice of ****. But Im done supporting half arse ports regardless if there are fixes. If there are fixes, it is up to the developers to fix it and the fact that they launched this game with what fixes are availble rather than actually put the effort into making this waste of hdd space a decent experiance on the pc... is the absolute last straw for me.

Get it on console, its a decent game, but the state it arrived on pc is unacceptable.

18. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    either way, your trainer doesn't work. number 8 on the numberpad doesn't activate anything, FOV fix doesn't work with your trainer, but does through cheat engine using k-putts plugin.

19. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 & G12+H55
    I used it for this video and works fine :

[​IMG]

20. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Save everyone the trouble and upload on a proper filehost.