Does this looks right? (3DMark FireStrike Score)

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by MerolaC, Aug 3, 2015.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  2. mortenv

mortenv Member

GPU:
    XFX R9 295x2 / 8 GB plz
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  3. slimpsy

slimpsy Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor Fury X
    Be sure you select GPU <1>. . . some people crank out some tri and quad crossfire/sli setups and it's hard to determine where yours might fall. Also keep in mind your CPU plays into your overall score and a weak cpu/physics score will impact your score by quite a lot.

4. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    I would say that looks about spot on given your Hardware. I'm running an Ivy i5 @ 4.4Ghz and 2 GTX 660TI in SLI. Here are my scores on the same bench test:
    Overall: 8978
    Graphics: 11,854
    Physics: 8,312

Notice how your Physics score is much higher? Attributed to your Ivy I7 vs my OCed Ivy i5 @ 4.4Ghz.

As for my GPU SLI situation... It's a little weird because I just repaired a gaming PC for a friend and he had a single GTX 660 TI card, but something was WAY different in his "same GTX 660TI card." His was only using a weak 400W PS and his card derives all it's power from just the PCI Express lane. (It has no PS plug ins like each of my GTX 660TI cards.) His same, but much smaller card did not even have SLI expandability.

I benched it and his GTX 660TI was VERY weak in comparison to only one of mine. It must have been some low power version of my 2 cards.

5. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    You see my Specs... On the same exact bench test I'm at 8912 overall. if you move to a slightly stronger GPU set up and get that RAM up to 16Gb @ 2133Mhz in dual channel then you should bust close to 10,000 Overall.

I'm being general here because your CPU score even with you at only 4.3Ghz is a bit higher score than mine. This is due to your i7 vs my i5 K Ivy @4.4.

I will say that even at with that score, you should have no problem playing any PC game at rather high settings and still stay above 40FPS.

6. Pigchild

Pigchild Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    Looks about Right to me. My "overall score" on the same Firestrike bench is 9024, but that extra is only due to my 2 GTX660 TI cards in SLI.
    Your Physics score is a bit higher than mine. Most likely because you have i7.
    My i5 is OCed nice at 4.4Ghz, but still weaker than your i7 at 4.3Ghz.

I am running 16Gb of pretty fast RAM... Not sure if that plays any benefit in my score though. I would figure if you had a harder hitting GPU set up, then your score would be much higher than my paltry 9024.

I have no Hyper Threading capability such as you have, but I'm not sure how much a factor that plays in terms of this particular bench score. Is Hyper Threading even utilized in terms of gaming?