Watch Dogs LUA scripts DECOMPILING

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Ellcz, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Ellcz

Ellcz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 / 2GB
    Hello Guys! :) I will make this really fast. I found it interesting, so mayybe someone will appreciate this :)

After few hours i found a way how to decompile watch dogs .lua scripts. Lua scripts are in file named "common.dat". So you need unpack it first. Program for this is here http://svn.gib.me/builds/disrupt/disrupt-r46_b34.zip

How to unpack files.. Well, i just take common.dat file and drag it into "Gibbed.Disrupt.Unpack.exe" Here you will see black cmd window, so wait about minute. So, after you unpack the files you want (It will be folder "common_unpack" you can start. We need to find some .lua scripts. :) For example in "C:\****\Ubisoft\WATCH_DOGS\data_win64\common_unpack\domino\system"

How to decompile .lua scripts, you can see here. It's download with the program for it too. So you don't need search for it. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ilsvm4q38giqhtt/WatchDogs_Lua_Decompile.rar Or original link for decompiler http://sourceforge.net/projects/unluac/

You need the .lua script and decompiler in same folder. For example if you have everything on desktop, find desktop in windows explorer and keep pressing left Shift and then click on the folder with right mouse. Then you need to click on "Open command window here". You are set. Then just run the command. For example "java -jar unluac.jar minigamepoker.lua > minigamepoker_decompiled.lua" Then you will see this decompiled .lua script on desktop, too!

I have few scripts decompiled, but here on picture will show this one below. On left side, you can see original .lua script, and on the right side you have decompiled. :)

[​IMG]

Thanks will be awesome! I hope everybody will enjoy that. We can make some fun with the scripts, so game will be more fun? :p

Ah yeah, here is interesting thing. Did you remember that "Hands up" moment on E3 demo? (I mean how Aiden was chased by police and he shut down the power when he had hands up) :) It looks like it was not deleted. Here is script for that! Maybe we can reimport it into game? :p

[​IMG]

So enjoy again and Happy Modding :p

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    There you have a real modder. That is actually amazing. Congrats.

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Decompiling lua is not modding. It's been around since the day before forever.

4. Ellcz

Ellcz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 / 2GB
    Exactly. :) However, thanks! I modding only sometimes, and few games. Im doing lot of things. :D Well i hope this will be useful for someone. I will maybe decompile all scripts when i found them. :p

5. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    It's good to have a guide for this, unfortunately it seems that this files are precompiled into the game so any changes to the lua files are useless, the same ways goes for the shader.dat file, I don't even know why they included that sice its precompiled but well...

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
  7. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    I call modding anything involving a game modification. And Lua for WD is modding related. It modifies the game. And is a good finding as this guy didnt took it from another guy either.

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    You seriously need to be banned again.. You are absolutely without a doubt the worst poster I've ever seen in my life.

9. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Guest

GPU:
    TriSli 780ti
    I say the same thing about you. Read your posts in my 2 threads here. There you have it. And you are there posting.

10. Ellcz

Ellcz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 / 2GB
    If so, i hope we will find a way how to make it work! :) Soon or later..

11. Ellcz

Ellcz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 / 2GB
    Well, other source added too! :p But my file is ok, lol don't worry :p

12. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Can't lua scripts be injected or something? :3eyes:

13. Ellcz

Ellcz Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 / 2GB
    Maybe, it will be possible! Because it looks like developers want us to mod their game. The game looks highly editable.... Hmm :)

14. Krakenous

Krakenous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 2GB
    That's amazing! This just keeps better for us, and worse for Ubisoft, for shame on them, seriously!

15. kevo54

kevo54 Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx 780 sc
    how do even think of doing that hehe

16. HateCamel

HateCamel Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    How desperate can someone be?
    To open a thread, post, and then reply in disguise with other accounts...
    It was kind of funny, but now it seems sad.

17. EIREXE

EIREXE Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    So i found some demos, does anyone know how to run them?

18. megakoresh

megakoresh Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX770
    All open world games "Look highly editable", unfortunately for us Ubisoft is unlikely to allow this one to be modded so easily. The engine they are running on is based on the same one that Far Cry 3 used, so it looks familiar to people who fiddled with FC3. But with Watch Dogs I think the best we can hope for are graphics mods. Maybe balancing mods, but not more. They will likely want to sell that stuff as DLC.

19. Nonlin

Nonlin Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 280x DD
    Dude I think whoever made this unpacker deserves some mad credit, because without these tools worse would have never even been able to find the disabled E3 settings.

Thanks tons man!

20. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    That would go back to 2012 or earlier.