Overclock GTX 560 (non-Ti)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by erm, Jun 8, 2011.

1. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Hello everyone, I just received my new ZOTAC GTX 560 (non-ti) which reaches a default 820 MHz for core and 2004 MHz for memory.
    I premise that is already very hot with fan to 80% in game reaches 78°C when the gpu usage is 99% (in Italy it's hot now, at home I have 25 ° C and maybe my small case is not well ventilated :puke2:..) while in games with little gpu usage is at 68-70°C and 33-35°C at idle... how can I raise the frequencies on a level of security without burning the card (without overvolt of course! :nerd: ) ?
    Thanks ! :)

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Make sure the cooler is free of dust.
    Reduce ambient temps.
    Use better case fans or get a case with better airflow.
    Increase fan speed further.
    Replace the GPU cooler with a better one.

3. angmar

angmar Guest

those temps seem pretty high but if your house is very hot i guess that would explain it. You could take your case cover off to allow more cool air into the computer an drop the temps. 78c is nowhere near dangerous but if it is hitting those temps at stock even my old msi cyclone gtx 460 1gb at 900mhz and 1.15v didnt crack 71c.

4. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Thanks for the replies guys, but I do not know if changing the GPU cooler, the guarantee will be compromised ... raising the fan at 100% makes a deafening noise -.-" ...
    I'll wait to buy a new case or perhaps change the entire computer ... Today I raised the frequency to 880 MHz core and 2200 for memory and is still stable. temperatures are the same as before ... thx :)