Moving on up

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by yoyo69, Jan 9, 2010.

1. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Say Goodbye to Tom's Hardware....:thumbup:

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    hells yeah :D

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  4. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    what's going on with toms hardware?

5. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Also add to that futuremark that was taken down close to same time.

Not much is going on with tomshardware. If you look at their stats never did high folding. They do about 3.9 million a month avg(1) and guru3d team does about 4.9 million a month avg(2).

Can you imagine if all members of guru3d did 8 hours a day folding on a single gpu or CPU core. Note only 8 hours since know times are bad for money. Even at 8 hours with 1898 users would be 40 to 60 million points a month.

(1) Source Tomshardware
    (2) Source Guru3d

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  6. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    woop woop take that tomshardware let that be a lesson to ya don't mess with the guru3ders

7. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    sure looks like LR are making a run at us

8. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    woohooo!!! :banana:

9. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    If every team continues to fold at there current rate we will go up 22 places, (29.2 years).
    But we will be over taken by another 10 teams, placing us in position 65 at best...

10. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    Vapor-X HD5770 1GB X-fire
    Hopefully things will pick up if/as the economy improves. I have been trying to accomplish small personal goals in folding while keeping the electric bill in check. Maybe I can turn my workplace into a folding farm like the guy in the news a few weeks back did with SETI. :3eyes:

11. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    hopefully my meager 95,000 points have helped... :D

12. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Not losing... not gaining!
    [​IMG]

13. Romiz

Romiz Guest

I would not say not gaining. Even after they slowed down coming at a solid pace. But the team that is coming on fast is bitGAMER + Underground Gamer which do about 2x the points. Not bad for a pirating site. And University of Kentucky Systems Labs will be history in next update (142 minutes, 9am GMT).

But the nice part at least we lasted 8 hours longer than was guessed but the site stats. But we all know this is in fun (the seeing who is getting more PPD). Folding on the other hand is for a great cause.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  14. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Come on new client >_<

15. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    hmm me thinks I'll be joining in the folding once I get my new rig running

16. Snoodles

Snoodles Active Member

GPU:
    Vapor-X HD5770 1GB X-fire
    I really look forward to the new client and its potential with ATI cards. At our current folding rate, we will settle into the mide 60's for rank eventually.

I will see if I can do some PS3 folding on the weekends to help out the fight, while keeping an eye on my electric bill. I cant leave it on during the day since it gives of too much heat in the TV cabinet with the door shut and my two year old will play with it if I leave it open while he is awake.

17. Romiz

Romiz Guest

Totally agree the ATI GPUs under the current program are getting short changed. I believe the new Client is now being tested and Standford doing the testing at Princeton or Harvard lab. Found that about 3 weeks ago in the folding forums and forgot to bookmark it.

18. cyberjunk

cyberjunk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 285+EVGA GT 240
    I wouldn't keep my hope up for the new GPU3 client. It seems ATI's implantation of OpenCL isn't fully functioning yet, so the first client will only support nVidia.
    http://folding.typepad.com/news/2010/01/some-more-details-on-the-gpu3-core-regarding-opencl.html

That is if they can get the client up and running at all.
    http://folding.typepad.com/news/2010/01/important-update-on-my-post-on-opencl.html

19. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    There are a lot of froum members with pretty good systems that don't fold. I was one of them.

I have noticed on other pc enthusiast forums that monthly or quarterly prizes are given away in a random drawing. Seems like a good idea if you meet a minimum amount of WU's you quallify for the drawing.

Could be a nice way to bump up the Guru3D point output.

20. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    unfortunately I have had to stop folding for now as I was getting nothing but NANs or I'd come out in the morning and my screen would be a funny colour and computer would be locked up, and no it's not a heat issue the GPU never got above 57°C @ 99% and the CPU barely got to 44°C @ ~12%... its actually quite annoying as it just started to happen after running fine for a couple of weeks none stop