Buying new laptop need help

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Wutt, May 22, 2014.

1. Wutt

Wutt Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    I am looking for a laptop that can run skyrim on high graphics. And basically it can be either a 17,3 inch or 15,6 laptop. And cost around 1200 euro.
    MSI and Asus have some nice laptops referring to the new Asus G series and the new MSI GE series. I could pick any laptop from MSI GE series or Asus G series in the price range of 1000-1200 euro, but the issue at the momment is that I have read that both MSI laptops and Asus laptops overheat quite badly with their i7 CPUs and 800 series GPUs. Stressed running temps for the CPU and the GPU is 90c degrees which is a bit too high. So I am afraid to buy any of those atm. I have also read that the MSIs are very loud and the Asus laptops have other quality issues with their sound and hardware.
    Basically it is a stand still at the momment im waiting for the Lenovo Y50 to see if it stays cool under stress or if MSI and Asus will sort out their new laptops. The issues seems to be quite huge atm from what I have read from the forums of both manufacturers.

I would also advice others who are looking for a laptop to take a good look at the MSI and Asus forums. Just to see if one is prepared to possibly go through a lot of hazzle.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?157-G750-G550-and-G56-Gaming-Notebooks

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I would personally advise looking into Clevo laptops in future (re branded by loads of companies, but Clevo makes them), lesser known but good quality, and no ridiculous markup you see in alienware or asus laptops.

3. Polinator

Polinator Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
    Asus looks pretty decent~~