Anyway to download the non enhanced edition of The Witcher 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hlhbk, Apr 26, 2012.

1. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

I am experiencing terrible pop in since installing the enhanced edition of the Witcher 2, and want to try to down grade to 2.0. I have the GOG version. Any way to do this? I don't have the origional install files.

2. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    The EE version does not change pop in at all. You may have tweaked the original files which defaulted after the patch.

3. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

I am hearing completely different things around the net. People are experencing the same issues as me. Changing the config file has no change on the issues that are present.

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Yepp, the EE version does not change any texture, image or mesh pop_in/pop_out when compared to Version 2.0.

5. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    What pop in are you experiencing? There are certain shadows that pop in as you walk but it's not severe and it's obviously an optimisation thing and not a bug. Is that what you meant or are actual objects popping in up close?

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Model and texture detail changes as you get closer or further away from objects, vegetation is very easy to test this on as you just find a grass object or similar and walk close to it and then back again, after a few steps back it should shrink into a low-detail model with basic shadows and when stepping forward it'll again grow into a full detail model.

The various ini changes and similar allows more of the low-detail objects to be rendered further away from the player but it does not change the pop-in effect described above.

EDIT: Yeah it seems to be part of the optimizations added to patch 1.1, I don't remember how much it was discussed but I guess they altered the LOD system.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:JPulowski/The_Witcher_2:_Patch_1.1_Released

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    That issue is present from version 1.2(all versions thereafter) if I am correct.

If someone wants to prove it wrong, screen shots _ Video showing the difference between 2.0 and EE would be very helpful than just being misinformed or conceptualized.

8. hlhbk

hlhbk Active Member

All objects (people, tents, rocks, grass) are suddenly appearing as I am walking 5 feet away from me. If I take a step back they disappear. I have tried ever .ini tweak I can find and the effect never changes.