D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G Configuration Utility problem

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Brax, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Brax

Brax Member Guru

GPU:
    evga GeForce 7950GT
    When i first installed my cards and everything it was working fine. However since updating the drivers, my connection is still good, no problems there, but the config utility no longer recognizes that i have a card.

You would think that D-Link would be able to work with their own software, but for some reason it won't pick up the card. It is not really a high priority, but it is rather annoying not having that utility working. anyone out there know of a fix for this?

2. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Never heard or seen of it i'm afraid. The likelyhood of it is that the softaware was written to interface upto and including your old driver version. It could be that just uninstalling and reinstalling the utility will work.

Otherwise try dlink's kb's http://support.dlink.com/supportfaq/

3. rsheppick

rsheppick Guest

Are you saying one you updated the drviers, the utlity in the corner by the time clock that is usualy green no longer works? I think that the problem might be that once you installed the new driver windows took over the wireless nick and if that happens your software wont work anymore. You need to tell windows not to manage your wireless connections.

I have the same card , ran into the same problem after I installed SP2 for winxp :)

4. Brax

Brax Member Guru

GPU:
    evga GeForce 7950GT
    think you may be on to something there. where would I go to stop windows from taking control of the wireless? Or is XP's integrated wireless management system better than the one from d-link?

5. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Turn off Zero Wireless configuration under.

Administrative tools > Services

It's right down the bottom.

This should then give you more options under the Properties of your Wireless card.

6. the mad monk

the mad monk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560 Ti
    don't let xp manage your network, it assigns the encryption key rather than you and its not as secure, anyone with a wireless pc in range can log on if they know your ssid