Driver level triple buffering

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Oct 19, 2014.

1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I've heard claims that people have gotten nv inspector triple buffering working in Alien: Isolation.

Has there been a recent change that I missed?

I always though it was only for OpenGL titles.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    not threw NVCP DX override or that radeaon toll what ever it called

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    D3DOverrider is very old now and only supports 32-bit games so it does not work on Alien Isolation, which, like many recent PC games, is 64-bit only.

I generally leave Triple Buffering enabled in the NVIDIA Global Profile but my understanding is that it only works for OpenGL games. Alien Isolation's V-Sync setting may be coded to use triple buffering by default, in other words the control panel setting isn't actually doing anything.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You have to trust that the software supports D3D Triple Buffering.

5. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Or you can use RadeonPro.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I know all about alternate methods. thx for the effor though guys.

To clarify a bit:

This post was specifically made to inquire if there were nvidia driver level triple buffering changes in recent times.

As I have a person claiming that they compared in game vsync to nvidia cpanel forced with triple buffering, and framerate counters showed 30 fps as soon as its below 60 vs variable 30-60 fps.

I already finished the game and deleted it from steam, so couldn't verify myself.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have had TB set on in NVCP since forever on/off/auto i never saw difference other then in opengl stuff I will never understand why both Nvidia and AMD refuse to make TB work for OPengl and DX.

This tool never worked for me when i tried then again TB does work in most games that DX if it didnt i pretty sure I would be setting at 30fps on alot games considering i dont play with out vysnc even those 64bit ones.

Honesetly I would love Unwinder to put Vsync/TB support in his RTSS seeing damn never everyone uses that, but he has other things to think of

8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

He needs to get paid for it. he already stated that neither EVGA or MSI have been interested to finance a modern version of d3d overider.

9. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    We should have a whip-round then. :D

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    sob I dont see why MSi dont want to EVGA wont not after the cluster fck the created. But MSI would gain from it