What do you think of this HDTV?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by masterchiefx2, Mar 23, 2008.

1. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    I am a little wary of HDTVs as i have very little knowledge on the subject can you tell me if this tv is good or not??

It looks great for the price

im interested in full HD resoloution to use for pc gaming

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134875

2. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Can't find any info but from the AVS forums and the website you posted the people seem to think it's a great TV for Price VS. Performance. I doubt you will be disapointed.

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    thanks this thread almost seems deserted

4. D_worth

D_worth Maha Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    wow $520 for a LCD 42" you get what u pay for man, i personally would not do it. stick with a name brand or at least get a Westinghouse LCD.

5. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    hi d_worth no its pounds so it would be 1040 dollarz one pound = 2$$

lol i regret buying the 32" the ressy is too low =(

6. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Can't you tell he's in the UK?
    $520 wasn't the same as £520 last time I checked.... unless Bush has suddenly been impeached and the US economy has sprung back?
    And finally... Toshiba don't sell Westinghouse TV's in the UK.

As for the TV, looks a bit crap. The contrast ratio is very poor. To give you an idea, you can get a 40inch 1080p Samsung for £700 that has a 15,000:1 contrast ratio.

Before spending £500+ on a TV I would suggest checking out this site. One of the best, they are independent and buy TVs themselves (through reader donations) so they can review them.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/

For a hundred or so more I'm sure you could get a dam good TV.

7. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    thanks very helpful!

i found this tv looks sweet anyhow ill check that site out,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-052-LG

i think 40" would probs be better as im suing the tv purely as a pc monitor

520$$ please sell it to me for that price ebuyer!! better yet ill do it in AUS currency or canadian =P lol

8. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Glad i dint buy it news has come to me thats it 720P and there mis advertising shame on them!! Imagine 42 TV at 1366 res phew and i know how hard it is to return to them so if i did buy it my gaming would have been ruined

9. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    ok the TV i have been watching in couk clearance for weeks until i had enough money has gone i am a little peaved as it was very nice and reduced een more in price so its back to beginning i found this but the offer goes off in 3 days also i know this thread is preety much deserted so if you know anything bout this tv or links to reviews plz tell me

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5365702/Trail/C$cip=1500011405.Sound+and+vision.htm

the only thing im interested in is a fairly cheap goodish qulatiy tv sized 37" to 42" 580 punds maximum and is in UK and most importantly displays 1080p full res

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti

11. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    hey thanks imimmfn i really need 1080p though that ones great for tv but im using it as a pc moniotr so res needs to be high =P

12. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    sorry, my bad that link was for the crappy R version, i thought it was this one - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=AV-039-SA&groupid=703&catid=511&subcat=
    but thats well out of your range, shop around though you might get it cheaper as its a great tv, the only other cheap alternative that i would recommend is a 40-42" LG

I spend absolutely ages trying to find a decent 1080p 40/42" tv before christmas and the samsung and LG came out tops for price/features/picture quality

I wouldnt touch cheap LCD tv's with a barge pole, its a minefield and i would hate spending good money on something i wasnt happy with so might be worth considering saving up a bit more cash to get one

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    the specs are awesome but i defo cant stretch anywhere near that i cant even stretch to 600

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i know what you mean, i went 300euro over budget to get one, but i figured im gonna be looking at the damn thing for the next 5 years may as well lol

I dunno, i think maybe you should go into a shop and check out the different models then shop online for the cheapest price, because there are some seriously duff LCD tv's out there from my own experience looking around