Need some advice before buying pc componets

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deleted member 268800, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Hello guys, i was wondering what do you think about this pc build? Also can you please recommend me a good Courier to ship this stuff to my country Venezuela? I don't know what courier to use n.n!

My budget is 500$-520$ so far.

PC Parts:
    Processor: i5 7500 price 199$
    https://goo.gl/xpZGoz

CRYORIG H7 Tower Cooler ,in NewEGG price 33$, amazon 49$ (dunno where to buy)
    https://goo.gl/kopF4t New Egg link
    https://goo.gl/3mp6cb Amazon LINK

MotherBoard: ASUS ROG STRIX B250F
    https://goo.gl/R0sz07 Amazon price 155$
    https://goo.gl/LSeD4N NewEgg price 129$ (once again dunno whats beter, because of shipping)

Memory ram:
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200) C14 Memory Kit - Black
    https://goo.gl/7dI48A amazon price 72$

I do have a Cooler Master V9 CASE, also a GTX 580 EVGA 1.5 GB, OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD 120 GB
    And last but not least a ThermalTake Power Supply 750 WATTS 80 Bronze+

I'm a humble guy from Venezuela trying to buy a good pc for me, but as you know Venezuela situation is very Tough, difficult, and I never ever had before buy from Amazon or NewEgg, and i really wanted to know what Courier could you guys recommend me ? to ship from USA to Venezuela, and if you guys can give me some advices, to get a better pc for gaming like for the same price etc....

And another thing is that, I do have an i7 920 or 930 Bloomfield lga 1366, and i3 530, but i dont have a motherboard for those cpu chipset... I find very difficult to sell those chipset here in my country. Thanks for your help.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Hard to say, but I think you will struggle to order something from Newegg as seems they don't ship to Venezuela and Amazon not sure, just confirm that with Amazon

I would rather go with 7600k(239USD cost in Newegg) or AMD Ryzen but for yours budget not sure if we can squeeze there, but 1600 or 1700 should be able to squeeze there

I know how hard it is in Venezuela have friend there and I've few weeks send him my spare DDR3 RAM(2*3GB) and spare CPU cooler and few other bits which has been sitting in my closet for far too long

Regarding the courier have look on UPS or FedEx or DHL they're best in my view

Hope this helps and good luck with build

Thanks, Jura

3. Oh Jura you always so kind, thanks alot, but it seems that you are the second person that, already recommends me, the cpu with the K<-- whats the diference between cpu K and no K? , also, seems like it is better to stick with Amazon isnt?

I have other question for you bro, do you think these 4 pc componets would fit in a Box of 4 feets? or less ? because i've check that boxe cost right now around 16$ the feet.. o_O or like 14$

4. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

K is better just due you can OC the CPU and I think have higher base frequency, non K is locked and you can't OC the CPU at all, although ASRock earlier boards allowed to OC the non K CPU

If its better Amazon,in yours case I would use Amazon there if its possible as Newegg doesn't ship to Venezuela, did you tried to contact them if they are willing to ship to Venezuela?

I would thought so this would fit to 4 feet box, CPU is small box, Motherboard is too not so big box, CPU cooler is bigger box, but still not so big as 4 feet there,I would say 155-165cm at height as max there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. Amazing bro n.n, and by the way, I thought that this motherboard asus rog strix b250F was not development to be overclocked :O, or do you think it will fit to that 7600k? I aim for that h7 cooler because, i've heard that the asus rog strix b250f fan cooler is very loud.... not quiet.. thats the reason, but hope i can overclock that asus b250f among that 7600k, another thing is that my GTX 580 1.5 GB EVGA can Bottleneck that cpu right? this gtx 580 has 330 bits and i dont remember the MHZ hehe xd sorry for my poor english, i would love to be your friend, you always helping me thanks.

6. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Oh I just reread that and looks like that's true this board cannot be overclocked or doesn't support OC

If you are looking to OC then I would have look on ASRock boards they're usually cheaper and offers same features sometimes more features than other companies

Like this one

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N...srock+z270&dpPl=1&dpID=51YjsY2bdsL&ref=plSrch

Regarding the CPU cooler or Cryorig, have used R1 on friend build and he is very happy with the cooler, but H7 should be good cooler and this cooler should allow you to OC CPU and you still have a good temperatures

Regarding the GPU, yes this GPU will be bottleneck yours CPU, you want faster GPU like is GTX1060 6GB or AMD RX470 or 480 etc bit with yours budget this can be very big ask to add there

Just don't worry yours English is good and is better than my Spanish :)

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

7. Oh i see, but I really prefer to stay away from BioStar And Asrock motherboard they are not really good in my opinion not reliable.. tends to damage easily :/

But yeah hope i can find a good Motherboard more cheap, from good brands like ASUS, Gygabyte or MSI, it doesnt matter if it doesnt bring lights, I want a solid motherboard, reliable, that is very strong to be overclocked in the future. among with that 7600k Intel i5, but well hope i can find a cheap motherboard that fit with that 7600k intel 5, and i will see how i can get a better GPU, thanks again Sir Jura! and yeah how about your Spanish? try your best, i want to see :D

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I'm using right now ASRock and I'm very very happy with my motherboard and regarding the they're not very reliable not sure, have this motherboard for about 1 year or maybe less/more and no issues with board

From friends which are running Z270 they're went as well with ASRock boards and same can apply for X99 or AMD Ryzen, these boards from ASRock does offer great features and for good money

Personally I wouldn't touch Gigabyte board, my two boards from them failed and MSI not used, only GPU GTX970 from them my girlfriend have which failed but she have right now my old R9 390 with which she is happy and works for her

But yes you should be able find some boards from MSI,Gigabyte or other companies

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    No reason to go with Intel, unless it's 7700k. 7600k chokes a lot in cpu intensive games.
    It's the worst timing to buy Intel CPUs.

10. So what do you recommend me :(?
    I have like 450-500$ to be honest...

I was like oh yeah i found another pc build, more cheap, but now people say go for rizen hahah, u.u

Also i have gtx 580 pci express 2.0 gtx and i dont know if that will fit in this Skylake msi motherboard

I hope so that, this Fan cooler is more cheap than the h7, and hope it will fit on this SKylake motherboard from MSI

Here is the picture:
    [​IMG]

11. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    For example:

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $220
    Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $105
    Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $120

sum : $445 (check your local prices)

Ryzen 1600 comes with stock cooler. So no need to buy it.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Agree. Good recommendations.

14. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Will not be more viable going to Paraguay / Chile and buying the parts on some reputable reseller ? The prices are close to USA. Maybe a friend or relative can buy it for you.
    Brasil is reaaaally expensive, Argentine is in the middle lol

15. So these pc parts are way better, than I post upper right? and do you think this pc parts will fit good with my Gtx 580? thank you once again, for your help

16. Yeah i do have a brother in CHILE, but the thing is, a mouse there is quite expensive or close to USA, so good tip bro.

17. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This.
    We can't tell what CPU will be 100% fit for your purposes. Giving hints and directions is best we can do.

My suggestion with Ryzen is that I forsee you upgrading GPU in future (maybe even 144hz monitor!). And once that future comes, you still have a CPU that powerful enough to provide better experience. It's not about being safe with 60fps, but having enough power to expand upon. I would plan to buy CPU for at least 5 years.

My 2500K with OC can deliver 96fps on all games I play. But once I start to multitask and running many software in background, it chokes.
    So, it's not about having CPU that can do 1 thing nice. It's about having CPU that have enough power to adjust for your future needs. Be it video editing, streaming, gaming, running calculations or simulations or whatever.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017