Doubts on TV JVC LT-32N330 32" Full HD 1080p

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Erudes, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Erudes

Erudes Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x
    Hi you all I am currently the owner of a JVC LT-32N330 32" Full HD TV which I find very classy and good quality image.
    The TV has 3 HDMI Ports, one VGA port, one USB port and one 3.5mm jack for audio.
    I have two questions for you guys regarding this TV.

a) If I connect my PC through HDMI I get the sound coming out of the TV as well.
    If I connect my USB speakers to my PC through the USB and 3.5mm ports I get sound coming out of the speakers.
    But if I connect my speakrs to the 3.5 jack and USB port on the rear of the TV, the sound keeps coming out of the TV and not the speakers, so, is there anyway we can change this? Because I also have in mind to watch TV with the sound coming out of the speakers as well due to the higher quality.

b) At first when I connected the PC through HDMI, my screen looked awful on Windows 8.1 desktop, borders on the screen and also blurry text which I could not read.
    After googling a lot, I was able to improve the quality by setting up overscan through AMD Catalyst Control Center and also playing with the brightness contrast and sharpness settings on my TV. Now Im able to play and watch movies the proper way on my PC and the text on the desktop looks better but still not that Crystal Sharp text like in a regular PC monitor so my question is: is there something on my setting that Im still missing? If I connect the PC through VGA I also get the same quality as through HDMI. Maybe I still need to play with my settings on the TV to make it look like a monitor? I read a lot about other TVs having this exact same issue and solving by renaming the HDMI entry to ¨PC" but unfortunately my TV has basic settings only and Im not able to do that and I dont find it useful cause as I said before through VGA port I get the same quality image.
    Its not that I cannot use the TV like this but I would prefer to make it look crystal sharp definition on my desktop as a monitor.

Useful information: When I go to resolution settings on Windows I get 1366x768 as the "recommended resolution¨ even though the TV makes it to 1080p, and YES if I change it to 720p I get a more crystal sharp definition but it is not the point. Although I could make it stay as 720p on desktop and then re escalate resolution when I run games.

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    B) This is a really long problem with full HDTV screens, I have one like that too.

Turns out they are actually fake Full-HD and their actual resolution is 1366x768.
    There is a really long explanation I once read on some obscure forum when I googled it. Can't remember it for the life of me though.

3. Erudes

Erudes Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x
    Yeah, that is what I was afraid of, but it's the only explanation that I have found coherent :(

At least when playing movies and games this is not that noticeable and I can comfortly play, I guess in the future I will sell this one and buy a true full HD or maybe 4K.

I've learnt my lesson :(

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    On my TV it has an option for TV Speakers and Line, yours probably has this also, maybe worded differently.

5. Erudes

Erudes Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x
    Unfortunately there isn't an option for this. This is a real bad TV, I've made a huge mistake :(

6. Erudes

Erudes Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x
    Maybe you guys can help me with this. Do you know if this model is true native full HD?

Samsung UN39FH5005GXZB 39"

I have doubts because there is only 1 HDMI Port and no VGA Port.

If I plug like a dock which can provide me with two other HDMI ports will I be able to use them normally?

7. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes 1080p.

But your JVC TV is 1080p and also has audio out, very decent TV.

http://www.jvcuae.com/products.php?...0f495b6ab9dcf8d3b5c6e0b01&catcode=Full HD TVs

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  8. Erudes

Erudes Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 280x
    No, My JVC Tv is note native 1080p, it just reescales the image to that resolution. Thats why Im wondering on the Samsung.

9. rflair

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes your right, checking JVCs main site they never produced a 32" LCD that was native 1080p, it upscales like you mentioned.

If you can take the TV back I would, false advertisement.

The USB port if for media, pictures only I think.

It does have line level audio out, requires an amplifier.