pixelated transparent textures/corrupt graphics (?)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by SeCALPHA1, Mar 2, 2009.

1. SeCALPHA1

SeCALPHA1 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870 X2
    So i installed the latest tray tools and went through a "tweak guides" guide to enable all the higher/better graphics settings.

For the most part, certain games run much smoother and look much more clean with higher textures and sharper lines but there are problems with textures in certain games. most notable in Fallout 3, Empire at War (EaW), and Mass Effect.

In Fallout3, foliage is highly rendered to the point where playability, concerning fps, is at 0 when looking across a field. The grass textures are on high AF or something.. i'm not sure. they're just rendered too high is all I know. From a distance they look pixelated and unfiltered, but up close they look flawless and highly shaded. Too high; sharper than textures.

EaW has problems with all foliage, especially trees which are pixelated and unshaded. They look almost 8 bit, it's seriously that bad. Everything seems to have dropped in quality especially reflections in water and other texture shading.

Mass Effect has seen the biggest hit. Certain textures such as rocks and walls are too highly rendered which has dropped the playability to 0 with a huge fps drop from 54~60 to 13~24.

The textures from far away look grainy and pixelated but, as in Fallout, up close they're the most detailed asset in the game. It's so pixelated from afar that it looks as though its animated, its that bad.

I don't know how to turn this off nor do I know how to set the tray tools to default all the options set (if it possible). To be quite honest, I had done the tweak guide and tried out some games and it worked pretty damn well. then, i dont know what I did, I enabled some AF/Trilinear optimizations and then I started with the problems.

I've since disabled and setback to default everything I could but to no avail. I dont know how to undo any of this.

please, please help me. This is ridiculous; literally 10 hours ago my games were fine and running. after installing and setting AF, Trilinear and other options on, its been giving me trouble.

I have no forced options on. No AA. No forced shaders. No forced VSync.

Currently running latest ATI CCC. CatalystAI on high. All drivers up-to-date. No OC.

any other settings or info anyone may need, please just let me know. Help me fix this. I want to enjoy my games again.

thanks

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    driver cleaner or sweeper is needed after att messup to get about clean