Advice for Motherboard+CPU+RAM

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sarex, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Ok, so here is my dilemma, a few months ago I decided to go for Intel 4670k and Asus Z87-Pro, + 8gb of some 50 euro ram. But when I found out that the new ivy e 4820k is going to be cheaper then the 4770k intel and it was soldered, I changed my mind. The problem is my budget is 500 euros, and I would need to skimp on the motherboard. Here are some motherboard I'm thinking about:

GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 (180 euros)
    GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 (180 euros)
    ASROCK X79 Extreme3 (180 euros)
    EVGA X79 SLI (185 euros)
    ASUS P9X79 (215 euros)

So any advice? Is it a bad idea to go for one of these mother boards?

2. weasel

weasel Guest

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    Have a Gigabyte UP4.Before i had a P9X79Pro but nothing but problems on the asus.So i just had bad luck,the UP4 i bought runs like a charm and even oc's well ,its up to you wich one to take.And about the UP4 there are not much reviews about it.But i consider it a descent board with the latest beta bios.

ps i must admit 180€ for the up4 is one hell of a bargain.

3. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    They´re all good boards, but if it was me i would be inclined to choose between the UP4 and the asus. Take a good look at specs from both, see if one offer something worth it over the other, and then pick any of the two; i must agree that the UP4 is going strong at 180€.^

4. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Thanks for the advice.

What do you guys think on the comparison between the 4820k and 4770k? Am I right in thinking the ivy-e is better. I know that it's not yet out, but from what we know now the ivy-e bridge is soldered, doesn't have the graphics unit and it has more l3 cache, but the haswell is the newer architecture has the integrated usb 3, more sata controllers.