ReShade - Advanced post-processing everywhere (SweetFX)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by CeeJay.dk, Nov 30, 2014.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Temporal AA, makes use of velocity information I believe so it's the same issue as with SMAA T2X and the others whereby as I understood it it's hard to accurately get this type of info from a generic injector so it's usually something that has to be implemented in the game itself.
    (It's not too bad quality wise but I've noticed it causes slight jittering when enabled so I had to disable it, there is a light bit of blur as well but if you were to compare in-game via the "TAA" cvar's you would probably notice that it mostly affects the first-person weapon models though there is a slight change in overall clarity too but it's less noticeable.)

2. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Thanks. It indeed causes some weird motion jitter

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Any ReShade pros know how to desaturate shadows but keep midtones/highlights intact ?

4. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I remember there was a custom version of sweetfx (or reshade) with x2/x4/x8 FXAA and another custom version with 2T smaa. Can somebody help me with that? Can't find it...or even don't remember who customized it. Just the shaders will do...i'll do the rest :)

@Wanny, LIFTGAMMAGAIN?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

5. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I need help to use SweetFX or ReShade in Virtua Fighter PC (the remix edition). I tried with a few wrappers but no luck at all :(

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Anyone got it working with Far Cry 4? the only setting i got to work as a version with alot of colour vibrance.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I had the same issue too and worked out it was caused by trying to use SweetFX in general. The mod uses SweetFX for SMAA injection and for Lumasharpen with FXAA.

The older 1.5.x versions of SweetFX don't seem to work properly in Win 8.1 and newer, especially SMAA seems to be troublesome.

I got the exact same error trying to manually inject SMAA into Crysis, which was the hint towards this too.
    So use only ingame AA with MaldoHD. I suppose you could try replacing the SweetFX files in the mod with 2.0 equivalents but that may cause other issues.

SweetFX 2.0 uses ReShade for injection which should work fine in Win 8.1+.

- removed the text from here to avoid another debate about ReShade... ;)-

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  8. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Hey. I'm trying to use this thing for the first time. The game is Tomb Raider (2013).
    I tried to import this preset with the config tool liked on the first page:
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/199/

However when I start the game from the tool, I first get an error saying the game has stopped running. However the game's options menu box is still there and seems to be working.
    So I run the game from there and the Reshade text appears at the top left.
    But then I get two errors. I can't find a log anywhere but it went something like this:

Any ideas what this means? I tried googling but couldn't find any solution.

Edit: Ok, so trying to redo it by downloading the newest beta and inputting all the values manually into the settings file. Tedious as hell, but hopefully that'll work.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I saw reshade framework has HBAO build in, anyone tried it with Elder Scrolls Online?

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ambient occlusion and depth of field requires access to the depth buffer to work correctly so in a MMO unless you use the ReShade unlocker it wouldn't work very well since access to the depth buffer is disabled when ReShade detects network traffic.

11. nicescreen

nicescreen Guest

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Hi,

I play at iRacing and uses sweet fx 1.4 works well.

But I try to run the latest version sweetfx and I can not.

Previously we could not because the anti cheat system had not whitelisted, but now it's done.

the game starts up but there is no change.

Would you have any idea why it does not work?

Thank you

12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Since sweetfx and its other siblings have matured so much, I think I might finally have a solution to my problem.

Games with forced film grain, is there any technique today to get rid of it/diminish it?

13. dmxdex

dmxdex Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 470 0C.
    i am unable to get far cry 4 working with sweetfx or reshade on windows 10. tried multiple versions but it doesnt seem to work. can anyone help me?

14. Cosworth

Cosworth Guest

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760
    Anyone using SweetFX on Crash Time 5?

15. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    There is a denoise shader on the yet unreleased Reshade + Framework 2.0 bundle, AFAIK. Just hang on a little while.

16. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
  17. Dr4Wm4N

Dr4Wm4N Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 3090
    It works, you just have to rename dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll for DirectX 11 games.

DirectX 9 & OpenGL games have no problems with Steam Beta client.

18. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  19. r3dfield

r3dfield Guest

GPU:
    GTX980 OC@1541Mhz/4001Mhz
    Maybe there's somebody here who can help me, dunno where to go.

I forgot my SweetFX Database password and neither the reset function, nor the create new account works. I tried different emails and different browsers.

This is my preset overview, joined there over 2 years ago. Would ask in their forum, but...can't login :)

Maybe there's somebody reading here, who can help me...thanks!

20. nicescreen

nicescreen Guest

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    anyone play at iracing?