Windows crashing constantly

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by SF22, May 8, 2012.

1. SF22

SF22 Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA 470 (Dual-SLI)
    Hi guys!

I'm having an issue with Windows 7. Basically the computer in my sig has since a couple of days started to "crash randomly". It doesn't matter what I do but it will always freeze after about using it for 15 minutes. It doesn't matter whether I'm trying to play a game or keep it @ idle on desktop. Basically to describe my problem more in detail Windows will stop responding and when I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL it will show "Preparing Security options" forever. I'm forced to do a reboot in order to get back. All temperatures are normal and I haven't done any changes to my computer hardware or software wise before this started to happen (apart from installing CS:GO Beta). Any ideas? So far I haven't found really any help Googling.

Oh and btw, I'm using an OCZ 2 90Gb SSD.

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  2. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Well I Googled "Preparing Security options" and came up with -

1. Possible malware
    2. Firmware update required on SSD
    3. Possible problem with ASACPI.sys (ASUS driver) see here http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/182669-randomly-crashing-windows-7-a.html

Not a problem that I've seen before but I do have a major problem of my own at the moment with my system randomly locking up completely and then failing to post or locking up in BIOS. So I have a new motherboard coming (tried changing RAM, PSU and graphics card to no avail).

Good luck :)

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    if you been using the ssd month and it was fine. I Would go with the other options first.

4. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT