344.48 drivers - overlay issue with Dscaler - help plz?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by slayer213, Oct 28, 2014.

1. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    Hey All,

So I just upgraded to the 344.48 drivers but found a weird problem on my rig. I have Dscaler 4.2.2 installed on my system. It is basically a TV watching software which uses the internal tv card on my machine to render television. Everything was working fine with the previous version 344.11 but ever since I installed 344.48, a weird problem occurs which I believe has something to do with the way these drivers render video on overlay.

When I run Dscaler on the latest drivers, the program opens up choppy. Video is not properly shown in the Dscaler window. Menu half appears and doesn't appear. If I do an Alt+Tab or Window+D, then switch back to Dscaler, I am able to see the menus and video again. The colors also get a little distorted in the system tray. However, If I again switch to some other window and come back, the choppy UI returns!

I uninstalled the drivers and went back to 344.11 and the problem is gone but wanted to know if someone could help suggest a fix. Seems to be a bug in the new drivers. Also, I am afraid it does not stay with the next batch of drivers and would like to get this fixed here only if possible.

BTW, I run Dscaler in XP SP3 Compatibility Mode but thats not an issue. This is actually required to access the volume and other settings which dont show up if I run in normal Windows 7 mode. I know its an old software but does the job well.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Can you use xbmc?
    They always up to date

3. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    i have been using Dscaler for the last 14 years! :)

I have tried other apps (ChrisTV, etc) but they don't seem to work.

Also, as I mentioned in my initial post, this problem only seems to happen with the latest drivers - never ever happened with any other nvidia drivers now/in the past.

4. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    btw just to add, if I use the Output mode as Direct3D, the problem goes away but the picture appears pixellated. Works fine on Overlay but then this choppy UI problem crops up.

5. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    didnt get even a single response at nvidia forums & i guess no one has a clue here either.. oh well :(

6. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    problem still exists with 344.60 drivers! seems like i m plagued with this issue permanently because whatever they did to break the drivers and how it handles overlay is now persistent.

i m surprised that no one has any idea of overlay and how the damn thing works.

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. Bug filed.

8. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    thanks for the update! can i expect this to be fixed in the next driver release?

9. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    its not fixed with 344.75 either - any update around when i can expect one?

10. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    still broken with 347.09!

11. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    thanks a lot, Manuel. The issue has finally been fixed with 347.25!

Thanks, Nvidia :)

12. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    the issue is back! :(

i just upgraded to v355.60 and this irritating problem is back.

@ManuelG: can you please log this issue and get it fixed? Thanks in advance!

13. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB

Could you atleast confirm you saw my message?? Nvidia messed up something again with this driver release - atleast let me know if you guys are looking into this issue! :question:

14. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    well no surprise - freakin issue is still NOT fixed with 355.82 version!

dammit, nvidia.. do you just pay your ****ty QA team to sit on their asses? have you ever heard of something called regression testing?

for crying out loud, fix the damn issue already!

15. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    still broken with v358.50 - really hoping that someone can provide some fix for it as Nvidia are obviously too incompetent to do anything about it!!!!???

16. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    Nvidia is the worse customer specific company out there. I logged a support ticket with them and ofcourse the issue was never resolved in the last few driver releases but guess what - logged in today morning & found the ****heads have deleted my ticket itself! WOW - these guys take the cake when it comes to customer support. Never in my experience have I seen this kind of support provided by a company. I am seriously considering going with AMD in my next purchase if this is the kind of support that these idiots provide.

17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You're complaining about an issue in an alpha version of a program which hasn't had a stable build since 2005 (that's 10 years ago!).

Whatever issue you are having it is more than likely to be caused by the outdated / buggy software itself and not NV drivers. NV cannot and should not fix everything with their drivers.

Your best option is to provide the details on the issue here: http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=1

18. slayer213

slayer213 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! 8 GB
    I understand that it is a very old software but If you take the time and actually read, you would understand that its a regression issue! It means that the issue was caused by nvidia drivers, fixed by them in their drivers and then it came up again in a next release.

Just so you know, I have tried multiple other tv softwares out there but all of them have this overlay issue problem so it has nothing to do with Dscaler. It is a Nvidia issue. Trust me, I have been using capture cards on my rig for the last 15 years so I know what I am talking about. They have fixed it in the past and i am sure they can fix it again if they make an effort.

Nothing in the world can excuse them for deleting customer's support tickets. If you don't wanna fix it, say so but you just can't go and delete the issue and leave no trace behind to backtrack. Anyways, I raised a 2nd ticket and have gotten a response from someone there. Hoping they will look into it and fix their ****!