Acer to Release 27" 1440p TN XB270HU With G-sync and 144Hz

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by fantaskarsef, Nov 26, 2014.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Acer to Release 27" 1440p IPS XB270HU With G-sync and 144Hz

I tried the forum search but it didn't come up with anything about this specific model, so I hope I don't get bashed right away.

I just thought I'd share this with you guys, since some probably are waiting for an alternative to the Swift, and this monitor here is supposed to have the same specs as the Asus model: WQHD (1440p), 144Hz, but with an IPS panel, and Gsync. It seems to be scheduled for Q1/2015.

I hope to see if this model actually has less issues than the Swift, and also if it may be a little cheaper. Can't wait to see how this screen performs!

Source: TFT Central UK

[edit] It's now an IPS pannel! Wow! The first one to run at 144Hz so far, and it's got ULMB for those who are not using Gsync.

Also, here's TFT Central's review: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  2. LogiTekkers

LogiTekkers Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX SLi
    Yeah I've seen a number of sites mention that this monitor is coming out early 2015. I am holding off getting the swift to see what price this comes in at. It will definitely be cheaper than the swift, it should also make the swift price come down.

One of these will be my next monitor, just depends which is cheaper at the time. :)

3. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

hopefully with the release of this monitor, it'll drive prices down of other similar monitors such as the ROG Swift. damn Asus monopolized the 1440p gsync long enough

4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Here's an update on this one, TFT central has got a review on it now: TFT CENTRAL REVIEW

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, TFTcentral's review looked very positive, and here's what they've got to say:

Also, the first shops start listing the monitor for preoder (all prices excluding shipping):
    OverclcokersUK lists it for 690 punds / 795€.
    alternate.de lists it for 749€.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    ASUS ROG seems to be nice, but i've read too many horror stories.

I hope this ACER is better at all front, mainly price.

7. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    Don't know if i can wait for the acer ips one, right now i am using a 24 Samsung 60hz and damn it's hard to play on it.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    ^u have 980 sli and 60hz monitor? Not good :)

9. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    It's just my back up screen, don't know if i should get new pg278q or wait for the acer one, or just get qnix and oc it :)

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I hope so too.... it doesn't look all too cheap (I was hoping for insanely low numbers here :D), but if it's a bit cheaper than the Swift, and has less issues plus IPS panel, it's an improvement after all.

The first question is, do you want Gsync. If yes, that narrows it down to the Swift or the Acer hehe

11. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    G-sync i could live without, maybe i should wait for acer, just because of IPS and 144hz.

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Valid point, it's still the first screen to combine those two traits. Quite some people have been looking for this, even without Gsync attached to the Swift.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oddly enough, in Germany (Alternate, Ebay) the screen is listed as available... won't bet on it though, as in the UK (overclockersUK) for instance it's still on 'preorder'.

14. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    The only downside to it is if anything is wrong with Acer customer support. There is a tread on Overclockers about Acer customer support on monitors that may have you think twice. You may want to look at the Benq xl2730z that is just hitting the markets with FreeSync now that Nvidia is going to support it as well.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Nvidia did not state that it is going to support FreeSync. Neither did the community's discovery of mobile G-Sync running without a module indicate that Nvidia will (not) or can (not) do without the module on the desktops, now or in the future.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. I don't see nvidia supporting anything amd puts up, even if it is an open standard. They'd throw money they can make off gsync out the window.
    If nvidia would say they'll support it, nobody would know when that would happen, since that would probably mean to rewrite some parts of the driver, which is money they won't win with making people buy fsync screens...

But I'd certainly be interested to read about Acer's customer support. Not that the one from Asus (Swift) would be any better...
    Luckily, here in the EU, customer support and rma is done by the shop, not the customer, by law. I've tried to go the direct way with some other Asus thing once (Asus Wavi), and they refused to do so, but told me to go the normal way (which then worked).

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Adaptive sync is a part of DP 1.2a specification. So in theory it should work by default regardless of what graphics card/monitor conbination is being used. On the other hand, if Nivida knowingly disables this feature on their cards, then they are asking for trouble.

18. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    My apologies as adaptive sync is basically freesync is adaptive sync... It is coming to NVidia as only a matter of time/backlash.

And here is the link for the acer customer support.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18659327

If this link doesn't work go to the overclockersuk monitor forum and look for acer monitors should be on the first page.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  19. Pepi

Pepi Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 acx 2.0 sli ekwc
    Has anyone tried the Acer XL2730Z with nvidia card. I know freesync is not working with nvidia, but how about 144hz and 2560x1440 i know amd card have problems with rog swift running 144hz, so maybe nvidia will have the same problem with Acer with freesync.

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for linking it, did work indeed. Well, again, I would not have to mess with Acer support in any matter, yet again, this shipping business reads fishy.

And again, as much as I'd like to see fsync or async work with nvidia cards, I don't see it happen. They'd lose so much money they'd never let that happen. They'd rather sell 5% less cards than 100% less gsync components for screens.