ATI Mobility 5650 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by hiverguitar, Jan 17, 2012.

1. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    Hi guys, I'm new here and I don't know where to ask this...

I've bought a Sony Vaio with an ati 5650, intel i5 processor, and I upgrade with 8 gb of RAM.

I've formatted the hard disk, and now I see that the preformance on the games is worst. I've tried with lots of drivers (10.5, 10.8, 11.9, 11.12...) and with the Sony ones, but the performane is still bad (comparing to how it was before the format).

Maybe is a hardware problem?

Sorry for my bad english, and for write here (if it's not right).

Thanks

2. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Do you have switchable graphics?

3. alexdl

alexdl Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5650M
    hi, i have the same Vaio i think, but i upgrade to a I7 processor, if you can do that, i recommend

i'm using 11.11 WHQL cat driver, it's the best to play bf3 for me.

4. Archer8600GT

Archer8600GT Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 550Ti GTX 1GB
    Try these few steps, if not already done,

Change your Power Profile in Windows 7 Control Panel to Performance.

Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options Then Select High Performance.

Also In Catalyst Control Panel goto..

Power -> PowerPlay -> Untick Powerplay or select maximum Performance on Battery Performance on Both Plugged in and Power Drop down menus.

5. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    Hi, thanks for the answer :) first of all, catalyst don't open xD so I only can change de win7 performance option.

I have amd gpu clock tool, that increases performance a little bit...but the question is why before the format, the f1 2011 in high settings run at 30 fps, and now, at 20...:S

Thanks!!

6. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    Hi!

First of all, my catalyst doesn't open xD so I only can change de win7 performance options.

Btw I have amd gpu clock tool, that increases performance a little bit.

But the question is why my graphic card has decreased his performance? I mean, before the format, f1 2011 at high settings run at 30 constant fps. And now, it runs at 18-20 fps

:S

Thanks to all! :D

EDIT: I've updated to 11-12 drivers. now catalyst opens at least, but the performance is the same...

EDIT2: I'm going to uninstall all, and install the first vaio drivers (8.672). Are those drivers good? or are still the same s*it like other ones? :( I'm confused...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. Archer8600GT

Archer8600GT Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 550Ti GTX 1GB
    have you changed the Windows 7 power options aswell?

8. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    Yeah, changed to maximum performance :D

btw, I've seen a youtube video that with an i3 and same graphic card, the f1 in high settings runs at 37 fps (me in normal settings 20 fps) why????

9. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    You said, that your CCC doesn´t work. Maybe the drivers are not well installed?

10. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    Ok i am having this same issue with my Toshiba laptop it has dual cards one 4200 and the HD 5650M I can see that the 5650M is being used but like the origional Poster i cant get into my CCC.

I would like to try the newer drivers out but they wont install... any one modding ATI drivers.

I am a neiwb when it comes to the ATI/AMD brand. i would like to get this back to normal speeds.
    I have problems now playing videos with out studder. it just seems stupid.

11. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
  12. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
  13. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
  14. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Realy interesting.
    EDIT: So I downloaded both vrsion (OCL and non OCL) and I didnt found any difference (I compared content of files).

15. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    I don't know if my problem is with the graphic card or with the cpu...this is very strange. I mean, I have Dolphin emulator in my pc, and it goes now really really bad...and the cpu, with games, goes to 100% of usage, like if it was an one core laptop or and old one...

What's happening? is processor problem? is graphic problem? how can I know this??? :S

16. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Maybe to try some benchmarks of CPU?
    Or reinstall drivers for chipset from Intel (not from notebook manufacturer).

17. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    drivers for chipset or processor? I have downloaded the processors ones...let's try!

EDIT: downloaded chipset and processors updates and there are not changes... :(

this is my laptop, if it can help...

http://www.sony.es/product/vn-e-series/vpceb3s1e-bq

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  18. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    Only drivers for "CPU" are for graphic core in CPU.
    For the chipset: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20775&ProdId=3172&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=Drivers

Maybe the game work on the integrated graphic in Intel core i5, not on ATi HD5650...
    But I didn´t find anything about it.
    Also the drivers from Sony are not switchable.
    Try first the OCL drivers from snowdweller http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/11-12_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  19. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    installed both and anything...it goes really bad...when I start a game or something like that, the processor goes to 100% of usage...is this normal? is because de graphic card doesn't go good? or the processor is bad? maybe a virus?...I'm sorry for making so many questions...

20. hiverguitar

hiverguitar Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 5650
    Okay guys, seems to be solved!

Well, I'm going to explain this (or at least try because I don't know so much english xD)

When I went ctrl+shift+esc and select "performance", there were only 2 cores (mine has 4), so I went to windows startup options and see that there was marked only 2 cores. I have unmarked that and restart everything and seems to be well now.

Thank you all for trying to solve my problem! very much! :D