Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    How you change FOV?

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yea it's weird, I too started to get the crashes so I took a break to profit from double xp week in BF4. I really hope Ubi fixes the damn assassination bug I enountered as well in the meanwhile.

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Twenty-six hours in and I learned two new activities/mission types in my most recent session. Crazy.

4. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Assassination Missions, you can easily get a minimum of 1000 just be spending a minute in most of those missions.

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    How does one change the FOV?

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    You can't via any official means. Ubisoft really locks their games down on PC. They don't even include a Windowed mode :(

How to get Windowed mode

mgr.inz.Player on the CE forums created a patcher. You place it in the same directory as your AC4 executable. Run it and press y. The game will now launch in windowed mode. To switch back to full screen, run the patcher again and press y. Basically, each time you run the patcher, it will switch to the other mode.

You can't link to individual posts on CE so I made a post about it here.

How to change FOV
    This requires Cheat Engine. If you have CE installed, download the table I posted here. Run the game, then switch to CE. Use the flashing button in the upper left corner to point it to AC4BFSP.exe. Switch back to the game. Use the number row (-) and (+) keys to increase\decrease FOV.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    damm am struggling with the big boys at sea! (that's an attempt to avoid spoiler).

usual tactics dont seem to work. havent upgraded ship fully and am missing some plans.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I ended up venturing a little too far down south of the map and found myself a bit too close to high level ships all over the place by ducking and diving inbetween island coves. Luckily for me when I did eventually get spotted I strategically positioned fire barrels at all incoming intersections which kept enemy ships at bay enough to lay into them from a distance, helped also by a smaller ship which acted as a barrier right next to the level 38 ship I eventually took down and plundered.

[​IMG]

The merchants outfit is easily my favourite outfit when four guns are equipped. :)

9. Templ

Templ Guest

I wish there was a way to remove all those hints the game constantly bombards you with. Like "Press X to fire swivel gun" or "Activate Eagle vision to keep targets in sight". I already turned off tutorials and that didn't do anything. Jaysus, I'm not so forgetful to be needing all these constant reminders.

Another interesting bit of info: Apparently the crouch button was once there, but they removed it because it allegedly confused the testers into thinking they were invisible. Well, I think that explains a lot. Why hire retards to test your game? Or maybe they think the majority of gamers are simple minded folk, so they always target people of the lowest common dominator?

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1

11. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
  12. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  13. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I don't quite understand the fleet thing. I can't do any of the missions because I don't have the resources to trade? Where do you get those resources from? I literally can not select a single mission.

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Thanks for the advice! I just captured my first man o war..... The future starship Enterprise !!

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'll explain best I can...

Resources are made up of multiple types of (cargo) items.

In the list of routes you can send ships out to they range from easy (green) to medium (yellow) to red (hard) so choosing a worthy ship via the battle system puts your ships head to head with others that are blocking these shipping channels. Once you win the battles you gain (cargo) resources that can then be used to trade your way to sending ships out to more and more routes that if successful then become safe pathways for you to travel. Success equals both resources and cash in your pocket. Resources must then be used each time you wish to try and make a dangerous route safe for you to send your fleet out into missions and you can use some to repair your ships or buy more docks (there's a maximum of 15) and can sink ships if you are short on diamonds or place ships in each dock that will do better both in battles or in missions you send them out on.

I hope that helps and apologies if it's at all confusing. :)

edit: Read this...

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-4-black-flag/Kenway's_Fleet

Add Kenway's_Fleet at the end.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    My current fleet screen...

[​IMG]

17. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Upgrade your mortar to level three and play keep away as much as you can. Mortar them from a distance. The big boys won't be able to catch you, and you really don't want to be running alongside them for a broadside unless it's a killing blow.

Also, Heavy Shot. You know how to use it instead of regular round shot, right?

In general, running against a few big ships requires a bunch of mortaring and clever maneuvering. It is NOT easy.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yeah i have been wondering about how the heavy v regular works. i was under the impression it was automatic depending on range..

p.s have got close a few times. am gonna get the upgraded hull plus mortars. got the rest

i can take down two man of wars easily enough it's the others i cant yet beat wink wink

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've literally got so many things going on in the game right now I don't even know which aspect to put into words. Currently in the process of...

Tracking down elite upgrade sets including elite ram, elite hull armour, etc etc etc
    Using Sleep/berzerk darts that are both really a great new addition to the game once you get hold of them
    Doing much of the the activities you are asked to do one was to kill five or more enemies whilst using a smoke grenade, I somehow managed to kill twelve instead in a puff of smoke that filled my entire screen :lol:
    Locating templars to complete a pretty sick set of armour locked away behind some bars
    Getting drunk, a lot
    There's now two lots of Legendary ships shown on my map and I'm utterly scared to go near either of them
    Spent something in the region of 30,000 R on new weapon sets
    I have 13 of the 15 dock ships available in my fleet so far and most of them are right now on a mission to earn me both money and cargo after freeing up shipping channels galore with my level 32/35 fleet of bad ass mother****ers!

Plus so much more besides. To give this the coveted title of my possible GOTY? Yeah it just has to be...nothing much else has even come close to the gaming experience this is offering right now I think I have to just say it.

Also is it me has anyone heard someone who sounds just like Sean Pertwee when your fellow crew shout "hit him there captain!"? Not only that am I the only person who actually would much rather run/climb back to my ship than use the fast travel via rowing boat method?

20. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    Hi, ¿this work for assasins creed 3?

Bye, great tool