6770M Flickering problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Kingdarkshadow, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    Hi

since I got this laptop(hp dv6 6190sp) 2 and half years ago, I update my graphic card driver(AMD mobility Radeon HD 6770M) every time it started to flickering.
    But now I have the AMD Catalyst 13.4 mobility WHQL and it started to flickering again even the display driver stopped responding countless times and after that even got a blue screen. My main problem is, I installed Amd Catalyst 13.9/13.12 and 14.2/14.3 beta (all mobility of course) and none of them worked my resolution was moved to 1024*768 max and my laptop stopped to recognize my graphic card:bang:, after all the I reinstalled the 13.4 but I'm kinda desperate if the flickering problem ressurges( the flickering only happens after I stop to play games or when games are running).

So any help to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thx in advance

2. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    first u need to clean your pc from old driver by using DDU "display driver uninstaller" then install the newest intel driver from intel web site and then download and install the amd driver catalyst 13.12 SG fix for intel By Leekm from that topic http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=384844 good luck with that :)

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Trust me, your laptop is broken.

Do you still have warranty?

I had this problem to with my laptop - 6650M, the only solutions where these actually:

- Option 1: Get your driver from your laptop's website (HP): I found a driver for it:

http://www.driverstag.com/hp-pavilion-dv6/hp-pavilion-dv6-6190sp-drivers-for-windows-7/

- Option 2. If option 1 doesn't work, get your laptop to a PC maker or to your shop where you bought it, if you still have warranty ofcourse.

I speak in expierence, my laptop's motherboard was replaced and I got a new windows install on it.

Now it works again, :).

I hope this helped a bit.

__

Goodluck!

4. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    @mahmoud elfar: I tried that but didn't solve it, my resolution was 1024*768 with now graphic card detected.

@Elite3540: I don't have warranty anymore and the driver you linkede is an old one :/.

and if it is my motherboard broken I don't know what to do cause I don't have money to fix it

5. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    @mahmoud elfar: ok so my laptop just did a system restore after a second blue screen and ehen I turn my laptop on I had my screen all orange(literally).
    after that what I thought it was a useless tool from windows(system restore) it actually fixed, it completely removed 13.4 driver and I was able to succesfully install 13.12 thx to your link ^^, so for now I think it's all good but I have to do some tests and I'll will feedback tomorrow or so, really thx for the help :)

6. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    you are welcome hope everything goes well with you :)

7. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    ok the problem came back it is not as worse as was before... I instaled the beta versaion 14.3 and 14.4 but the CCC had no option for switchable graphics so I reintalled 13.12 again. Still if the blue screen re appears I'm gonna take it to someone to see whats the real problem

8. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Normally you don't need any money because if you still have warranty it normally should be free in-take.

But goodluck as I see you've managed something to work around.

9. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    I took it to a professional and the problem was dust and the need of new thermal paste now my laptop is good a running awesomly ^^

Edit: I upgraded windows 7 to 8.1 and now I have a problem in CCC the option of switchable graphics doesn't appear :/ is there anything to fix this? or my graphic card will run always in low performance??

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  10. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Great to hear that!

__

To fix the Switchable Graphics menu try this driver from LeekM (Beast driver :D ):

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=388380

- -

Ofcourse, first uninstall your drivers with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) for both Intel and AMD,

after that FIRST install ur Intel driver and after that install the beast driver (AMD driver) and then reboot and your ready, set to go do whatever you want again! :D

11. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    after many tentatives to install that driver it finally works (becasue still learning all the 8.1 funtions to disable and aenable stuff like Driver Signature Enforcement) but now it works thx again for the help ^^

12. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    If it helps any other people having issues with AMD Enduro notebooks, here's the driver install procedure I used with my old Clevo p150em laptop (7970m and intel 4000) after having a huge amount of issues doing it other ways.

I'm not able to post links currently but a quick Google should find you the intel drivers.

1 - Download latest AMD beta drivers

2 - Download intel driver no later than ver.15.28.13.2963 as newer versions of the drivers cause full screen flickering issues and problems with displaying on TVs at 60hz. Plus works better with the newer AMD drivers.

3 - Uninstall current AMD and intel drivers then restart pc making sure to disable driver signature enforcement on startup. (boot into safe mode first if you want to use a driver cleaner)

4 - This is important, first install the intel driver and don't restart when asked. Then install AMD driver and restart as normal.

5 - Make sure to change the powerplay options to maximise performance and set the laptop power settings to high performance. From this point on you either overwrite the AMD drivers when new ones get released or you do the above procedure again if you prefer a clean install.

Using this method I never had anymore issues regarding the switchable graphics menu or any other problems that weren't just a general bug with the AMD beta drivers.

Hope this helps people with Enduro issues.

13. Kingdarkshadow

Kingdarkshadow Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6770M 2GB
    Hi thanks for the help althought I tried what you said some months ago but did not worked on all the games thats why I had a big headache about this problem >.> but oh well the modded driver from leekm fixed all ^^