Buying a replacement budget AMD motherboard & cpu, maybe memory...

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Vindaloo, Mar 11, 2014.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Contact MSI first, then AMD....

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  3. Vindaloo

Vindaloo Guest

GPU:
    R7850 2Gb CF 1000/5000
    mate, its in quite a small case, but what its pumping out the fan at the back is coolish air, its got loads of air flow, i think its the voltage.

ANYWAY, now the vcore is dropping down to 0.950v idle after changing a few thing in the bios, which sounds about right to me.

BUT... it jumps to 1.465 as soon as I stress it, no way of changing it.....

Anyhow i've ordered a cooler which will keep the temps down.

I think msi REALLY need to think about thier voltage policy with this motherboard and chip.

EDIT: When I get this new cooler I mite aswell crank up the multiplyer because its not going to give it more (or less) volts, so she mite aswell run it at a good speed with that voltage n good temps right?

I ordered one of these because it needed to be cheap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-CNPS...qid=1395252078&sr=8-2&keywords=cpu+cooler+fm2

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Hope the base of that heatsink is flatter than the last Zalman HSF I bought.....

Think you'd have been better off with the Raijintek Aidos personally.....

5. Vindaloo

Vindaloo Guest

GPU:
    R7850 2Gb CF 1000/5000
    its allready ordered, i'll post how it is, if its s***, i'll Try that 1. Cheers

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Check the base flatness before you install it. Last Zalman cooler I ordered was so screwed up that by the time I got it to a usable condition, it wouldn't apply enough pressure to do it's job.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  7. Vindaloo

Vindaloo Guest

GPU:
    R7850 2Gb CF 1000/5000
    Checked it and it was fine, took 20c (ish) off from the stock cooler, after 2hrs of prime95 it was hovering 65-69c, not bothered overclocking it as i'll do that when she starts moaning that its getting slow....

Thanks for the help n input! Cheers!

8. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    lol I cant believe amd made such bad air cooler for this processor. 20C + difference from stock cooler, wow !

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Intel stock coolers aren't any better but that one must have been warped or something.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I find it hard to believe that his processor was really running THAT hot....at least not for more than a few seconds at a time.

I'm curious as to what software he was using to get temps. CoreTemp and RealTemp don't support Trinity or Richland. Only software I've found (that I've actually tried) that supports Trinity and Richland are MSI's own Control Center II and CPUID's HWMonitor....