RT crash on start up

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by EarlZ, Nov 11, 2009.

1. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

Lately i've been getting this error with riva tuner ( auto start ) there were no system changes made on my machine aside from installed games, ive tried to reinstall rivatuner several times already and its only a temporary fix and a few days after i get this problem again, using 7 x64.

[​IMG]

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    RT works fine on Win7 x64. The issue lies somewhere else.

Did you happen to enable a hardware monitoring plugin or something when you last used it? The plugins can cause RT to crash. If so, you can disable it by changing the value for the plugin to 0 in this registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Unwinder\RivaTuner\Monitoring\Plugins".

Otherwise, perhaps just try to remove and reinstall it. While removing, select the option to remove all the data (remove, not keep data for a new version).

3. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

Ive been using the same hardware monitoring since day 1, core/shader/mem/temp/pcb/fanspeed and fan speed%

EDIT:

So i completely removed rivatuner this time and reinstalled it, im still getting the very same problem... still think something else is causing this issue ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  4. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    What driver version you using? Is it this issue?

5. EarlZ

EarlZ Guest

Yeah im using that driver version, hopefully a new update will get released soon..