CS 1.4

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by dR_Voodoo, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Yeah ee92as, the new maps are pretty fresh, havana and chateau. The map makers are getting real good with textures and environments. But alas yeah I'm a sucker for the classic maps too. I'm down for a good ole round of de_dust anytime. THe headshot factor, well I noticed a big increase in 1.3, haven't really logged enough time to determine if it is more common in 1.4 or not. I do like the no bunny hopping crap though. It makes it more challenging in position yourself and making sure you get to spots as fast as you can. I have to admit though I was a hoppin fool before so it took a couple rounds to not jump. All in all, I think its pretty fresh, I really like a lot of the fixes they did with the hosties, the bombing factor, and the after-death features are pretty fesh too.

2. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Played Havana a bit, and some of the other talked about maps. They are definatly trying to broaden the variation of weapons people can pick during the game.<br>
    <br>
    I found some of the better 1.4 players were taking everyone apart with some of the weirdest weapons. The mp5 is now a weapon of fear for me now as the spray from it is totally deadly at medium and short range. The headshot factor works in favour of this gun now.<br>
    <br>
    I must admit the variable aiming accuracy is now much more realistic. Yet the ak is now an arse of a gun, any more than the one shot and the recoil + accuracy go straight out of the window.<br>
    <br>
    Jumping + the slow down afterwards (i.e. no bunny hopping) is something of debate. Many players have adapted their jumping skills to great benefit of the game. To me that was a fun part of the game. Now its much more realistic and sure, I'll definatly learn to work around it, otherwise I'll be busted straight away !<br>
    <br>
    Have fun on that server tonight and tell me how many headies you get !