Time for new mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by tsunami231, Sep 2, 2014.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If you still have that mouse and it otherwise works, have a go at using this

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-...ingle-Click/m-p/1260434/highlight/true#M57526

Along with autohotkey
    http://www.autohotkey.com/

Put the script in your startup folder and you'll be sorted

I honestly think it's an issue with logitech mice now, and it'd be likely a new logitech mouse would have the same problem

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I was waiting for a G9 replacement from Logitech for 3-4 years... the old bugger G9 was awesome, kept going like a Beijing whore, but I fancied a change. Eventually Logitech announced the G502. I bought it from Amazon NA before it released in the UK. Great mouse. G9 will remain my favorite ever mouse though, for now. the G502 has to prove itself to me. The right click on mouse drop (never happens unless I try to replicate it) is f*cking niggling, Logitech should know better than this. The G9 also had a better scroll wheel. everything else is better on the G502 though. W00T a mouse.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Still have the mouse but the middle button no longer works and it isnt an actual switch the left right click.

i never got this why would you be droping your mouse,i know people complained about but i never understood this complaint you shouldn't be dropping the mouse none of my mouse ever leave mouse pad more then 1/2 inch if that now if that kind drop is cause click then i can see that as problem.

Im go with the G502 as if i wait i probably be waiting years like i have been for my new pc build i been waiting to do for 3 years.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    like I said, it never happens under normal circumstances, but once someone noticed it, I tried it and it's been niggling at me. btw, it can right click even with a half an inch lift, then drop, but you have to be fairly aggressive doing it. It's just annoying, like 1 second a year.

5. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I constantly drop my mouse, I use an armchair rest as a mouse surface, thankfully it drops onto carpet though.

It tends to slide to the top right of the screen and then left click, closing any maximised window.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    That would annoy the hell out of me if that happens with less then inch drop. Gona find out i guess seeing i need new mouse

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    tilt wheel? sorry for noob question :)

is that used for a certain game? reason I like the m65 it has the weights..i find I need a hefty mouse...(price wise it seems ok as well...around £50 is about what i'd pay for a mouse).

and am def a "wired" guy :eek:

8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i love my G700s

I use right tilt wheel for reload and left for either action or melee attack!!.... really nice mouse, and Logitech customer support is pretty top notch....

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I use Tilt wheel as keybinds in mmo, i find it more convenient then extra mouse buttons

Tilt wheel= 4 binds up to 16 if you use Ctrl/Alt/Shift + tilt wheel 4 directions.
    Hence it a must for me I find this more usefull then extra buttons.

Other then that I found no use for Tilt wheel out side of games and mmo with lot of skills. I never knew what i missing till i got my MX1100 and now i wont buy mouse if it dont support it. im sure it has it probably usefull in other programs like CAD programs.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Initial thoughts on G502

The sensor on this blows away the mx1100 and just about ever other mouse i tried. I will never use full DPI as anything past 2400 dpi is just to fast even that is to fast for me, so i need to adjust that to my taste.

Braided wire on the mouse blew my mind. It light and really flexable has next to no drag mouse wired mouses has too. if i didnt see the wire there i would be fooled into thinking it wireless, its nice surprise.

The scroll wheel is nice too nice feedback and click sound in all directions, And the scroll wheel dont jump again like psycho like the MX1100 unless i disabled smooth scrolling.

I was right about the sniper button it is place just tad to far north on the side of the mouse. Back/Forward buttons seem kind lose compared to the mx1100 though.

Surface tunning i dont know if it does or doesnt help, but this mouse make my 20 year old max payne mouse pad i got when i Preorder the game feel like it brand new.

Overall seem like nice quality.

Remains to be seen how long the mouse lasts though, as ever wired mouse i ever owned and i mean everyone all seem to of died in less then year do to the WIRE have some issue.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Glad you're liking it! I wouldn't worry too much about how long it'll last, it'll last long enough. My old G9 took 5 ish years of daily abuse and it worked as good as new, my mate is using it now. If the G502 lasts me half that long, I'll be happy. Ideally, I'd like it to break horribly just after it's upgrade comes out.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I did notice the MX1100 I used 800dpi setting with 1 notch to the left from center from pointer speed. Seem to be equivalent to 1200dpi on the G502. its not comfortable as the MX1100 but is is pretty close. That or my CTS is acting up. then again my CTS been acting up since i been using the logitech optical mini mouse.

Liking the the onboard profiles, cut out the middle man aka "Software" running in back ground.

That and the back/forward side buttons work correctly in game not just randomly not working and me needing to bind some kb key to them to get them to work right all the time in game. what would of made this mouse perfect would of been having the sniper button where it is on the MX1100 and MX performance.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014