Going to France in August

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Præses, May 25, 2013.

1. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    Hello fellow Gurus!

I'll be going to Nantes in August and was wondering if there's any sights I have to go see between Paris and Nantes (as I'll be landing in Paris)? I won't have too much time, maybe a day or two, since I'll be there on business mostly and not pleasure :)

Also, are PC hardware prices in France cheaper or more expensive than US? Just wondering if I should consider buying goodies while I'm there!

2. I spend most of my time in Paris for work, been to the channel afew times to see the remnants of WW2 battle forts, if you had more time that's really a must. I think Nantes is about 3 or so hours from Paris, im guessing your taking the TGV and not driving?

Theres heaps to, castles, museums, churches. It all depends on who your going with you know and what your into. Theres a HUGE elephant, cant remember if its around all year, but that's something to see. Because its a port town theres also ferrys that's you can take which offer beautiful views of the country and its sights. I dunno man, do some "google" search I guess. Have fun, when you arrive at CDG, switch to nantive mode, by that I mean don't dress and act to much like a tourist, pick pockets are rife in Paris, so always keep valuables close to you, in jacket pocket etc, don't carry it on your back.

Best way, see how Parisians dress and act and follow that ;) Have fun man. Also, id save if you had time, spend most in paris..I don't need to tell you why haha. Want cheap PC stuff, go to Taipai.

3. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    Thanks for the reply! Yeah, will be taking the TGV. Will probably spend a day or two in Paris itself and the rest of the time I'll be in Nantes, exploring a bit there while I'm busy with business.

You don't have to warn me about pick pockets, I live in South Africa, crime is almost an official occupation here (also rioting and loitering)!

I'm quite looking forward to France, only other country I've been to was Mexico, which was quite awesome...lots of tequila ;)

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    I´ve been there once. If you want to integrate well you have to look gay, depressed and smoke a cigar.

Sorry France, you have been stamped.

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Way more expensive.