Folding and VPN

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Brasky, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I was wondering if anyone had experience setting up folding at home with a VPN, specifically NordVPN. I'm still a novice at the VPN settings so if you could dumb down any replies that would also be much appreciated.

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    As far as I know, VPN doesn't rely on specific application settings. You just connect to VPN and all connections are going through it. You can specify what internet adapter software is using though.

So there shouldn't be any problems by running folding via VPN. Switching VPN on/off during download/upload of Works Units might interept it and have to be redownloaded/reuploaded.

One thing I noticed running VPN with Folding is, sometimes download or upload speed goes really slow. So my VPN is stack on downloading Work Unit and just idling.

3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    hmm, I don't know why I can't the work units when I'm connected. It's almost time for the summer folding break anyways. I'll keep browsing and if anything pops up i'll pass it along.