Losing Fan Settings when switching Crossfire on or off

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by 00pontiac, Aug 28, 2013.

1. 00pontiac

00pontiac Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD6950's (x2)
    I have two Radeon HD6950's and I have a 4 monitor setup that uses an eyefinity display on my main video card and an HDTV on the secondary card, so switching Crossfire off and on is something I do a lot of when playing games or watching movies and general desktop use.

Maybe this is not unexpected. I'm just really not sure. Thought I would mention it tho as I couldn't find anything about this by searching the web or the forums.

My process has become to quit Afterburner, change my monitor and Crossfire settings in the Catalyst Control Center, then reload Afterburner. Not a major annoyance, certainly worth the price of running Afterburner in the first place! But with the last couple of releases of AMD drivers I'm also having to re-activate my Automatic Fan Control after reloading Afterburner.

Occasionally, I lose my fan settings without ever switching Crossfire or going into CCC. This generally happens after exiting a game. And to be clear when I say lose fan settings, they're just gone, the entire Fan tab in settings it literally missing.

Anyhow, in the larger scope of what you're doing here, this is pretty insignificant. Just saying, and Thanks :)