Tuning fans on ati 3870/ GPU settings

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by emal, Feb 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. emal

emal New Member

GPU:
    asus/ati 3870 top/512
    Hello

I’ve recently installed ati tray tools 1.6.9.1374 . beta, because i want to tune my fans a little bit. Earlier i’ve tried riva tuner, but it can’t help me.
    I open overclocking settings, and in the fans option i’ve checked the auto option and edit the fan settings, to something like this
    45C – 40%
    55C – 45%
    Rest of the settings without any change.
    I was surprised, because, after clicking apply, my fans go up to 80%, with temperature about 35C.

2 question
    Why ATT show me that my GPU is ticking about 297MHZ? when it should be about 851 MHZ? The memory MHZ looks ok.

P.S. Great tool, my VPU don’t restart in L4D game after i use ATT :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. mastercb

mastercb New Member

GPU:
    Palit 3870
    Was same problem with my card.

THE FAN OF THAT BULL**** CARD DRIVES ME CRAZY (even with no GPU - load):bang:

Seems, that "below" the lowest defined temperature the "default" value of 80% is used.

I have set the lowest defined temperature Value to 35 degrees. The GPU fan starts with 80% until the threshold of 35% is reached. Then it slows down to 1% ;)

@att-authors: Why can't I set a lower value than 35 degrees for the first temperature in the table (when I set a value below 35degrees, it is not stored ! And why is the fan powered to 80% below the lowest temperature level ? (can ATT modify the "general default fan speed", so that it is lower than 80%

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Whan installing ATT do not forget to check "Apply FAN Fix" or edit atitray.ini in ATT folder and change opt_auto_fan_fix=0 to opt_auto_fan_fix=1. Close ATT before make changes

4. emal

emal New Member

GPU:
    asus/ati 3870 top/512
    Ati 3870

"When installing ATT do not forget to check "Apply FAN Fix""

i've checked it

Does somebody know the answer to the second question?
    "Why ATT show me that my GPU is ticking about 297MHZ? when it should be about 851 MHZ? "

What will happen if i move the slider up to 851 MHZ?

*********editing 2009-02-16

its ok,
    it looks like the GPU is ticking with 297 MHZ in 2D mode, and with 851 in 3D mode

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009