RivaTuner error message

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by johnz, Mar 16, 2001.

1. johnz

johnz Guest

I have tried a couple of times to install the Riva Tuner but each time I get the message 'The ordinal 6880 could not be located in the dynamic link library MMC42.DLL'. Whatever this means exactly I'm not too sure but I cannot open and use Riva Tuner. I do not have other download problems. Any clues?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

&gt; Whatever this means exactly I'm not too sure but I cannot open and use Riva Tuner.<br>
    <br>
    It means that u've old version of MFC42.dll installed on your PC. Probably u've w95 or u'd installed some software which had replaced MFC42.dll with old version. To run RivaTuner u can just restore MFC42.dll from Windows98 CD or install new MFC libraries if u're using W95.<br>

3. johnz

johnz Guest

Thankyou for the help! So easy. I found the latest MFC cab files on the net instantly, installed them and Riva Tuner-no problems and incidentally must have fixed something else with it because everything (probably it was Riva Tuner that did it) seemed to run and look better. Regards, Johnz