Best options out there

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Proioxis, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Proioxis

Proioxis Guest

GPU:
    6650m
    Best multi-GPU setup for me..

Hey, so I'm building a new rig hopefully soon.

I need help deciding what would best fit my needs.

I am a digital artist and game designer. I will being doing a lot of heavy scene rendering. I'll be running Maya, 3ds max, mudbox, adobe sketchbook, photoshop, premier; and more

I'm also an avid gamer myself. I'm one of those people that prefer to never have to worry whether a new game will run or not. I like to go to the options and push everything on the highest settings possible, including full vsync and AA; etc and thereafter expect the game to never drop in frame-rate. When I can be (when the option is available), I'm a total graphics whore :banana:

For the time being, I'll be working at 1080p on three 23" screens, but will eventually pony up and get 4k in the near future.

My budget may be large, but it's not infinite. I can't afford to get a workstation card like a quadro, at least at the momeny, but I do have it well within my means to purchase an sli or crossfire option. I want to order everything and build this rig within the next few weeks, but even within that time I would still not have the means to get a workstation card.

I want to know: Which would be the best option?

$7k is my budget. I'm doing a dual PSU setup, one dedicated to the cards. I'm also doing full liquid cooling and would like to overclock.

MSI Big Band xpower II MB
    i7 4930k cpu
    32gb (4x8GB) 1866 ram (would like to OC to at least 2100)

I was thinking of CF 290x's since I know their rated better at rendering higher resolutions. Would anything be better? I'd like to future proof this system in regards to both rendering, but especially gaming; and at high resolutions, since I will eventually get 4k *something* to output my computer video to, be it multiple monitors or a single, large TV.

Please help. But please, if all you have to share is "get [X] brand because [INSERT]-->(biased/unproven opinion), then just don't respond!

I really would appreciate some real help with positive backing behind why you would refer me to one thing over another. And linking me to another biased or shallow article on why [X] brand item is better than the rest, DOESN'T help either!

I simply want the best I can get because, looking at this realistically, this is a big expenditure and a lot of money.

Also, I'm only one person, so that's why I'm here asking help from the plethora of others who may have the experience, even technical/mechanical engineering know-how of these things to just lend a hand to someone in need of finding the best possible options on the market within my budget.

Thanks for taking the time to read this novel.. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Mm!would an Intel Xeon phi help in your case?Intel call them coprocessor.as for GPU?men you are out of luck !bitcoin mining sent the price of those sky high.even Intel can afford to jump into the GPU market now that the price are this high.

3. Proioxis

Proioxis Guest

GPU:
    6650m
    I have no clue what you just said

:l

4. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    uhm..Sounds to me that we have the same thing work. Look at my specs at the left. It might be the same thing you need.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
  6. Citizen47

Citizen47 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
    First off, dont just buy a ready made rig. Customize my friend.

If you are gonna render with hardware renders, like iray, redshift, octane or alike go for a titan, the more cuda cores the better. You can cost effective run a sli config and get more cudas, two 680 gtx beats one titan.

I am quite happy with my cpu and I think you would be too.

7. Citizen47

Citizen47 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX 2 GB OC
    BTW if you are not going to hardware render, perhaps a Xenon cpu, and knock out the render time with many cores on that front.