Download & Discuss nVidia GeForce 350.12 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Apr 13, 2015.

1. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Nice drivers, so far, so good, GTA V running smoothly @ 4k on my single GTX 980!

:D

2. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    How much fps you have on top of the mountain?

3. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Mortal kombat X runs like absolute garbage, even on lowest settings :O

4. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Guest

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    I'm getting the stuck on loading story mode issue in GTA V with this driver. I googled and there seems to be a lot of people having the problem. There have been tickets sent into Rockstar about it. Not sure if I have to wait for another patch or what. Anyone have this problem?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015

5. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    After applying dayone patch out today?

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well L4d2 froze again with black screen.. Guess I will revert back to 350.05.

Also driver forced HBAO+ flickers on and off (or stays off) at that 40-50° angle, 347.xx had it less often..
    Sometimes I wonder why bother with driver AO implementation, by a lot of games its nothing but trouble with HBAO+, SSAO was a lot stabler, especially first release (~ 270.xx driver) before nv split it in perf. and quality.

Then there is very close LOD foliage transition, I was testing different AO flag here HL2 DM - which is obviously worse, too strong and worse flicker, but look how LOD switches

Is this maybe game limitation or driver LOD issue? Like its too aggressive..

EDIT:
    I reinstalled XFI HD driver just in case, but now Im already back to 350.05 and no HBAO+ angle flicker yet.

I didn't test the same level, usually its Swamp and Hard rain when its more foggy rainy weather, flicker or disappear varies a lot from major driver to driver..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Is there even a point to updating drivers anymore if you're not going to be playing the game(s) that the driver is optimized for? Seems like they fix problems in a couple games and nearly break other games....

8. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    By the way, i found a fix for geforce experience not loading...here it is, courtesy of geforce forums:
    (1) Open Task Manage and go to the “Processes” tab.
    (2) Find the process named “NVNetworkService.exe *32” in the list. Check the “Show processes from all users” check box if the process is not shown.
    (3) Right click the process and choose “End Process” to kill this process.
    (4) Open the “C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService” folder and find the file “NSManagedTasks.xml” in that folder. Delete this xml file. “C:\ProgramData” folder is a hidden folder, so the user should check the box “Show Hidden Folder” in the folder view options.
    (5) Type “services.msc” command to open the “Services” windows
    (6) Find the service named “NVIDIA Network Service” on the list
    (7) Right click this service and select “Start” to start the service. The status of the service should show “Started” in a very short time.
    (8) Relaunch GFE Client.

9. Jericho2013

Jericho2013 Guest

GPU:
    2 x 2080 Ti in SLI
    I didn't know there was another patch out today. It installed the first patch they put out after the download and install yesterday morning.

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Why is the GSync light on red all the time? Is this intentional now? It's stupid this way.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I want to have up to date drivers for other games, but I expect to run older dx9c games too just fine, like usually. They always break a lot by new driver branches, especially HBAO+..

Latest r350_xx but different sub branch is way better, saw this by r340 and r344, r347 not so much, 347.26 icafe was the smoothest and fastest, also less tearing when vsync is off.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  12. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    Probably is the same than

13. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I have an issue with Max Payne 3 under this driver via G-Sync , with G-Sync enabled i'm getting 3-15 frames on the start up screens which is causing an age to reach the game menu, everything runs normal with G-Sync disabled. Rolled back to 347.88 and everything is silky smooth again, strange.

14. riardon

riardon Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX760
    Cause those drivers are fail that's why. Everyone has the same problem. I reverted back to the previous WHQL until they fix this. The official 350 feedback thread in geforce forums is full of horror stories about this driver.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And magically 350.05 not a single crash in L4D2, been playing it now for a good 1hr "We don't go to Ravenholm" all 4 levels, this map wouldn't even load @ 347.88.. HBAO + default L4D2 flag looked stable too, didn't see it glitch yet like with 347.88 or 350.12..

At first I played it with Yosef019 guru3d member, he's on 980GTX @ 350.12 and he CTD after 5-10min or so, as soon as one scripted event started - Special infected and lots of zombies.. Just like I did before @ 350.12, but playing default stock maps. Now with 350.05 its like I have a different PC.

16. catch22atplay

catch22atplay Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970G1 Gaming-4GD
    Changing colors from "Limited" to "Full" still isn't instant and requires you to change resolution or refresh rate or etc for it to kick in. Same issue that was introduced with the 350.05 driver.

Benchmarks are slightly lower on average. 3dmark's Firestrike i did manage to achieve my highest score yet and just shy of that elusive 11k with a score of 10,913. This driver allows a slightly increased o/c which helped.

Game wise they seem ok. Although i swear the fps dips are lower on average. Which i'm not to happy about. But then again i don't get a frozen screen when my o/c is to high. I instead get the nvidia driver stopped responding message and it restarts the vid card. Which is how it should work and i haven't seen it work this way in a long time. So i'm happy about that part.

In WoW i didn't notice shimmering as others reported. I did take screenshots of before and after the vid driver install. But this was 350.05 vs 350.12 and perhaps i should have compared a 347 version vs a 350 version. Then i may have noticed a difference. I dunno it looks fine to me. My cvariables are beyond ultra so that could have something to do with it as well. /shrug

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Which G-sync monitor do you have and which Windows version are you using?

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ng-hotfix-driver-350-05/post/4500360/#4500360

The driver so far has been pretty flawless for me, but all I've been playing is GTAV and Diablo.

19. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    rolled back to 347.88, I was getting crashes with Sony Vegas Pro 13 64 Bit and also with some of the few games I play, like Dark Souls... maybe worth mentioning Ultra Street Fighter IV goes from 190 fps to 170, not a big deal but still lower performance than 347.88, even in Luxmark benchmark the new drivers are slower but maybe it's the 1.2 profile... anyway, in my old and wasted system these new drivers are really faulty, even after trying clean install with DDU.

20. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G