Artifacts during surfing the internet

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MMXMMX, Sep 12, 2016.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Really? I think you should consult an eye doctor.
    It's obvious that some letters are damaged.

Didn't have this with a R9 390 on Windows 10 Redstone, so I suspect it's the Nvidia driver.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, really. And I think that you should learn to behave yourself when posting a 2560x1440 screenshot with smallish artifacts in five words on it and assuming that everyone have time to find them for themselves.

3. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Well, I pointed you to the affected line and still you couldn't see it.

4. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Update: I do not seem to have these issues with the latest "canary" branch of Chrome for Windows v56.0. One test I can replacate over and over is with this video. https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/58zl38/the_killfeed_couldnt_keep_up/

On the current release version of Chrome the video will have artifacting during the first couple of seconds every time (if you refresh the page). It dose not happen with the v56.0 canary branch of Chrome and I also have no issues with GIF's. Also have not had a issue with any VP9 YouTube videos using canary branch.

Original: I am having artifacting on YouTube videos randomly, when it dose happen it's always a VP9 encoded video. I'am almost positive that a recent update to Chrome enable hardware acceleration for VPx media by default if the PC's GPU supports it which my GTX 1080 dose. If I check chrome://gpu it states that VPx video decode is hardware accelerated. What even weirder to me is that I have the same type of artifacting with GIF's. I clicked on a link to GIF on Imgur and it has sever artifacting for the first few seconds. The GIF thing happens every single time, the artifacts with YouTube videos is random. Sometimes a VP9 video will work perfectly sometimes I'll get the artifacts.

I just tested Edge out for about 10 mins and could not replicate either issue with Edge. Works just fine with that browser, and I know Edge uses my GTX 1080 for VP9 decode as well (has supported it since anniversary update)

Using Nvidia driver version 375.63, Windows 10 x64 build 14393.321 (anniversary update with latest cumulative update), regular release channel of Chrome v54.0 64 bit.

Screen shot of the artifacting with a VP9 YouTube video
    http://i.imgur.com/jBxeJ0V.png

Screenshot of the artifacting with a GIF from Imgur
    http://i.imgur.com/dWUGVMG.png

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016