Identifying VRM with rivatuner?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Barleyman, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Barleyman

Barleyman Member

Is it possible to use rivatuner to identify which VRM chip is used?

I have Asus directcuII gtx570, rivatuner doesn't really support it at all (W7 x64) .. Is it possible to work around this limitation somehow?

If the VRM is on the list of afterburner's supported chips, it'd be rather easy to configure AB to work with it.. But 1st I'd need to know which chip is it!

2. Barleyman

Barleyman Member

Nobody? I already know I can get I2C dump strings which should identify the chips.. Unfortunately with zero reference as to which string would be connected with which chip..

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    man that card look sweet under the hood
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_570_Direct_Cu_II/images/vreg.jpg

Thanks to wizzard at tpu
    ASUS rebranded the voltage regulator chip to their own "Super Hybrid Engine" technology, which involved scraping the paint off and putting the new markings there. Under the hood the chip seems to look identical to a UPI uP6225 which is used on some GTX 480 cards, for example
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_570_Direct_Cu_II/4.html
    going old school nice!

i think thats the same one used on the 480 lighting afterburner dont work?use smart doctor if you have to.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  4. Barleyman

Barleyman Member

Thank you! :cheers:

However I didn't actually get it to work so maybe TU was wrong about the chip type.. Those QSOP chips look kinda samey if you scrape off the markings! Anyways I'm dumb, I was looking at the previous page at least dozen times but never went over to the "closer look" page!

I'm using smartdoctor, however it dies if you have 2 GPUs so so much for using my old GTX260 for PhysX.