[PAY for SOLUTION]Games feels unsmooth, stutter and slow

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by venhyor, Jul 11, 2016.

1. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Hi guys,

I have and and weird problem thats shortly described on title. When I play games (CS 1.6, LoL, CS:GO), I feel that everything is a bit slowed or unresponsive or some kind of input lag (my movements, shooting, hitreg). When I look for PRO stream gameplay they have their games running so smooth and fast. Im not only one who feels this, there are several people who had same problem. I think performance for me is not problem, cuz I have stable high fps (250-300) in games. I did most known tweaks for performance or FPS boost but I still cant figure out what causing this problem.

Things done:
    My DPC latency tweaked (10-20uS)
    power managements on win and BIOS (EIST, C states, etc..)
    Windows Services (Search, Defender, Indexing, ...)
    Updated drivers
    Network tweaks
    USB polling rates
    USB power saving
    Clean fresh Windows instal
    BIOS updated

My rig:
    i5 4460
    MSI B85 G43
    MSI GTX 960
    8GB Kingston

I would pay for guy dat solve my problem...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  2. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Reserved

3. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    1) vsync off? kappa :D ofc done yet
    2) what to adjust? 6/11 win, MarkC mouseaccel fix. Definetly not problem here
    3) Buffers? I dont know where is this setting. If u mean Prerendered frames, its set to 1
    4) Already tried.. no point there

Anyway thanks for your reply :)

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    set fps_max to 200 or even lower @ console. (144, 120)
    then you get rid of the mouselag. FPS is fast enough

5. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Make sure to revert for lowest bios version available for your mb

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Yes limit your FPS. 250-300 is high but a drop from 300 to 250 is quite significant. Best to limit it to 200 where you get no drops at all.

7. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    10 version backward? What? I dont wanna totaly break my PC since on some updates I saw they include memory compatibility lists. So when I downgrade bios to 2013 version its possible to stop support my current CPU or mems.

Any reason for this step pls? Explain where could be problem

8. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Trying to play 60/120fps, but it has nothing to do with input lag and slow movements

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    lol Ignore that suggestion.

10. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Reason why I suggested it, is because I know for a fact from my own expirience early versions can be much more stable that later.
    MSI 970a-G46 have stutters on anything above 2.2 versions of bios, at least on my hardware.

You should see if your MB out of the box support your peripherals, and then proceed to downgrade BIOS. Maybe not 10 versions older immidiatly, but step by step, seeing if it gets any better.

Some people think it's some kind of ciritcal step or very risky. Guess they have no idea about how it works. If you're know what you're doing, you're fine. Shouldn't hurt anyway, you can always revert from old to new and vice-versa

11. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    There are potential reasons why do that: manufacturers including new bull**** powersaving technologies and other stuff which maybe doesnt work well for gaming.

But when I do that and my CPU or RAM is not supported on the oldest version, then I cant boot my PC and flash back to newer version without correct CPU.

12. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Is it possible to flash from bios which doesnt support my CPU successfully? U dont need CPU for failsafe flash bios FW? I heard some stories with new PCs where u should first get supported CPU, flash bios and then use newer CPU.

13. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    If the bios revision you want to downgrade to doesn't support your CPU you'll be essentially bricking your motherboard unless you have a different cpu.

14. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Exactly what I told about.. ty for approve

15. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Just downgrade 3 version backward where my CPU first time get support, doesnt help. Anyway ty for help

16. I know some will say to leave the prerendered frames on 1 for all games, but prerendered frames at higher rates does make the frame-by-frame transition feel smoother (for AC games I set prerendered frames to 6). Although, I do not notice any input lag with higher prerendered frames.

You might experiment with CPU Affinity as well. Try changing the affinity of the game exe to use only 2 cores using the task manager or replacement such as process hacker, then test. Then, try different number of cpu cores to see if the program has a multi-threading issue. For example, in the game Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010), it had a multi-threading issue were in order to correct stutter you had to disable the first core (core 0), click OK, then re-enable the first core (core 0), although credit goes to PCGamingWiki for the tip with this game.

PS: If this helped there is no charge, this is a free user-to-user forum to help and discuss in-depth technology topics with fellow PC enthusiasts.

17. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  18. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
  19. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    try a different monitor if you can... I had to over clock mine as i had tons of stutter and jitter.

20. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Already tried, 75Hz monitor with Dual DVI. Ye it feels kinda smoother then on 60Hz but there is still soo annyoing keyboard lag or Idk how to describe it. My movements on game are still so slow and unresponsive.