Screenshots from Cancelled Version of Doom 4

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 20, 2015.

1. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Judging from these screen shots I can see why it was cancelled...some of the graphics sure exude a certain console/tablet flavor! Ugh.

I still remember the original Doom3--we had some robust discussions about Carmack's first "open world" engine (for about the first 10 minutes of the game, IIRC)--which turned into a flashlight/spotlight corridor shooter spectacle...! I remember laughing so hard tears rolled down my face upon discovering my first completely dark "monster closet"...or maybe I was crying because I'd just unloaded 50 smackers on the game...! I can't recall....

2. jfizzle345

jfizzle345 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650ti 2G(overclocked)
    Change the name and i would play it

Looks like a decent post apocalyptic game..just not doom

3. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    :thumbup:

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I was about to say the same thing. Why even advertise it as cancelled? Why not use the work done and just relabel it? ;).

Also, they could have had it as a kind of DLC for Doom 4, I say kind of because DLC doesn't have to be the exact original game, and can be standalone. Think of FarCry 3 - Blood Dragon! Okay, that's an extreme example, but why not?

5. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    This is what i thought. It's not doom even remotely, but why waste the work? It should be called Doomed.