1060GTX - Textures suddenly appearing

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by XtcSkuLL, Jul 26, 2017.

1. XtcSkuLL

XtcSkuLL Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1060GTX
    Dear friends, I thought I have solved this problem but it is still happening...

In every battlefield game that I play, some trees and other stuff suddenly appearing

while walking, or driving... it happens in crysis as well... And in COD Black Ops 2

This drives me insane... Its a 1060 gtx damn it... And I am talking about short distances of view!

The settings in NVIDIA panel are set to default... Field of view in game set to maximum!

Any ideas?

384.76 Version

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    tried diffrent drivers?

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    failing graphic card? what temperature you got on GPU when playing?

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Trying running the game off an SSD. I have seen this happening in BF4 with 7950 crossfire when I had that game on a 5400rpm green drive. I didnt see it happening in all my games. Just BF4 and BF Hardline. Once I got my first SSD, it stopped happening. But I could have had a different issue then you.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Check in Nvidia Inspector your Global Profile LOD settings, perhaps somehow they are set to a high positive value.

Try running Memtest for Ram, recently one of my sticks died out, and I had very odd artifacts all across windows and various games, was very hard to pinpoint what was causing it.

P.S. Not my business, but why do you run 7700k @ 3.6? :3eyes:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  6. XtcSkuLL

XtcSkuLL Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1060GTX
    My temperature goes between 40c and 50c max while playing games. Temperature and framerate is pretty good actually.... 200FPS steady in all latest games

Thanks for the tip! will give it a try soon! Mine is a Western Digital at 7200RPM, 1TB of memory

its not a "7700k", its a "7700" kaby lake running at 3.6ghz and 4.2ghz turbo mode

Anyways... somebody told me puting more ram would help? I got 2 x 4GB RAM,
    HyperX at 2400Mhz, CL15.... I mean its a ram at 2400Mhz 8GB isn't enough?

Thanks...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    its not a "7700k", its a "7700" kaby lake running at 3.6ghz and 4.2ghz turbo mode

Anyways... somebody told me putting more ram would help? I got 2 x 4GB RAM,
    HyperX at 2400Mhz, CL15.... I mean its a ram at 2400Mhz 8GB isn't enough?

Thanks...
    [/QUOTE]

Ah 7700, makes sense, my bad didn't see.

Well it would in case of scenario where you exceed your ram usage ( I have no clue what is your average Ram usage on your system, you have to monitor its speak capacity usage ) system starts using Paging file to compensate. Paging file most likely will be on your HDD, which is considerably slower compared to RAM speed, as a result you have super slow performance of everything.

However issues with texture popping are most likely related to GPU, reinstalling latest driver with DDU, and removing any OC. Also check that LOD setting with Inspector.

8. XtcSkuLL

XtcSkuLL Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1060GTX
    Negative LOD Bias: set to "Alow"...
    LOD Bias (DX) set to "+0.0000"
    LOD Bias (OGL) set to "+0.0000"